• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Olympics 2010

Cooter

I used to ski jump so that has always been an event I'd be tuned into. Later friends I jumped with moved on and went to the winter games. Problem is we don't have any good ski fliers so the coverage is brief. Which is the way the games go. Networks broadcast the events we stand a chance on medeling in and forgets about the other events. Yawn when we have this huge bio on an American athlete over and over and over when we could be getting coverage on other events. Too much fluff. I'd like to see all of the events and less bloated coverage. If you have to have the fluff then start that carp a week before the games.

I think marketing has taken over. Focus on a few select US athletics and if they win big ride their coat tails.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team USA brings home gold and bronze during women's moguls!

And Ohno wins the silver in a complete fluke by Korea giving us a bronze as well. Korea had 1,2,3 locked up until 2 and 3 knocked each other out of it. Even the announcer was giving Korea the medals until the last turn. THAT was awesome!!!!

Wow that mogul/jump skiing event was crazy. Their boddies really take a beating. I can sure see why they have all the injuries. My knees were aching just watching them. I also thought it was crazy how that american speed skater almost blead to death 6 months ago from a crash. Lucky to be alive, totaly awesome that he got the bronze. He seems like a down to earth kid..

Wow that mogul/jump skiing event was crazy. Their boddies really take a beating. I can sure see why they have all the injuries. My knees were aching just watching them.

No kidding. They said that one gal has had six knee operations, three on each leg. Ouch.

first off Ralph I didn't say I was interested in the Hockey event at the Olympics (I actually hate hockey)......but I decided to tune in a few times over the weekend and did watch a little of the moguls when the USA women won the gold which was awesome just for the fact Canada is on their 3rd Olympics on their home soil and hadn't won a gold and they thought they had this wrapped up with only 1 skier left and they got silver!! LOL!!! I am trying to watch it a little but wow are some of those events just a bore to watch......

I think the Olympics have been a blast so far.. have not missed a min yet.. I DVR it and catch it all.. The high points so far for me have been the 1500 Short Track that the Korea messed up and handed to the USA. That was AWESOME. The moguls.. WOW, talk about fearless. USA Finishing with 3 in the top 8 of the Nordic Combined.. That was fantastic!!!!

I have enjoyed watching them too. I have to admit that the weather there has kind of put a damper on my enthusiasm though. Raining for the first two or three days was very weird.

I was pumped up for the downhill, but was a little disappointed in the course design. They made a Super G course into a downhill event. I'm not sure why they wanted so many radical turns. There were hardly any straight shots where they could pick up a lot of speed.

I agree with Deitz about the Mens 1500. That was awesome to watch.

It seems that NBC has exclusive broadcasting rights to the Olympic Games. I for one would love to see what other countries

news media portrays these games. We only see what NBC deems to

be news worthy and not what other countries see differently.

BTW, Men`s downhill comp was a super tight finish. With only

hundredths of second separating Gold to Bronze. More like only

a couple feet between each racer.

NBC paid $820 million for the Vancouver games. Not trying to defend them, but that is a large sum of money. I haven't really noticed if CNBC, MSNBC, and the like are showing less popular events. I heard USA is showing the US Switzerland hockey game today at 2pm.

Do you find it strange that I've something like 3-400 channels and only ONE carries the olympics?

If I'm missing something here, please let me know.

NBC paid for the rights, so it's only NBC channels that broadcast. That said, NBC channels include KARE 11 in the metro, USA, CNBC, and MSNBC. Go the the nbc olympics HSOforum to see what's being broadcast when on what channel.

I thought the coverage has been alright so far, there are only so many hours in the day and a variety of simultaneously occuring events. What do you guys expect? I thought I heard on the radio that you can pretty much watch any event you want on the internet at nbc's olympic site.

I will say I am already tired of the figure skating. sick Put it this way if your event requires a costume and not a uniform and you have to pick a musical accompaniment, it's probably a load of carp.

Quote:
NBC paid $820 million for the Vancouver games. Not trying to defend them, but that is a large sum of money. I haven't really noticed if CNBC, MSNBC, and the like are showing less popular events. I heard USA is showing the US Switzerland hockey game today at 2pm.

CNBC has hockey tonight and US Switzerland curling.

CNBC, how can they stay on the air with 12hr of paid programing every day?