• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

10 inch bullheads

Scott K

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's attached to a bill being debated today I think. My opinion is that there are so many other statutes in this bill (Cass Lake spearing, 2 lines, scopes on muzzleloaders) that it probably won't get much attention. That could be a good or bad thing.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the bullhead rule supposed to just be implemented by the DNR if no one voiced opinion otherwise @ their meeting in April or something? I don't see the point in having our elected representatives having a say in the thing. Just takes longer to get things passed...

Cheers DTro. Thanks for the links and update.

As for the potential of two lines, I'm all for it. The idea of attaching it to the conservation license would be even more appealing. Plenty of cat, sturgeon and muskie guys would really enjoy the option when targeting apex predators. I won't be holding my breath though. wink

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the bullhead rule supposed to just be implemented by the DNR if no one voiced opinion otherwise @ their meeting in April or something? I don't see the point in having our elected representatives having a say in the thing. Just takes longer to get things passed...

Other than the legislature makes the laws.

We wouldn't want police departments across the state making up their own laws for the sake of efficiency would we?

Remember the most efficient form of government is a dictatorship.

If the bullhead rule is attached to the others and it dies, so goes the bullhead change.

They really need to pass these on their own merits and not tie it all together. I guess thats the way the good ol boys club works.

Business as usual.

Hi guys!

Harvey, I agree with you 100%

Senator Chaudhary agreed to place the wording in the Omibus bill with the blessing of our DNR. Mostly because it's taken so long. This Dec it will be six years since our first meeting with the DNR.

The idea was to "just get it done" through the bill, then the day after the Gov. signs it, it would be law. Just about the time a person thinks it's a done deal...the DNR sends a letter to the Gov. stating they don't support the bill (not the bullhead law).

So if the bill dies, we still have the RULE process that hasn't stopped. This was what the hearings were about. Earliest time line on the rule change is August 2010.

If you wish to support the legalizing of bullheads up to 10 inches as bait, please send our Gov. a quick email.

[email protected]

Make up your own wording. Short and to the point. 6 years is a long time to wait for a no brainer.

Thanks in advance for your support!

Bk

I guess that begs the obvious question... Were they <7"?

Yes, they were. I have been checked with Jeff a few times in Kato, and I can't seem to remember ever catching any bullies over 7" in our old honeyhole ... I could be wrong though, but they did stick their noses in our bait buckets making sure ... just be smart about it, a law is a law smirk