• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Great time at the HSO Sax-Zim Bog GTG

Wow, what a great bunch of photos..

Steve I really like the narrow crop of the bird on top of the pine!..I also like the bird suspended with its wings pulled in(pretty sure it was your last photo posted, that one was awesome

Dockothe- your second to last pict is KILLER!!!! love it!

Fin- your last owl shot is my fave of all the owl shots.. fantastic.

Wow it looks like you guys did very well! I'm headed up there in the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping for a Great Gray or a Northern Hawk Owl, but I gotta say that Boreal Chickadee is right up there. Looks like you guys got some great stuff!

That meet and greet would have been a good time. Had a sled'n adventure I was not about to cancel. But by the looks of things I would have needed to buy a white garbage can and duct taped it to my camera to blend in.

That meet and greet would have been a good time. Had a sled'n adventure I was not about to cancel. But by the looks of things I would have needed to buy a white garbage can and duct taped it to my camera to blend in.

I was thinking something like that as well on that photo of the 4 dwarfs going off to work. Some REAL nice equipment there! I really like all the pictures but the "Owl on a schtik" is my favorite. All of them. Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Thanks, Jim. On both counts. I see your avatar is getting more attention on the Burntside Laker report thread, too. smilesmile

It was shot with the 30D and Canon 10-22 at 10mm (16mm equivalent), and the fish's nose was just outside the lens' minimum focus distance. That's the recipe for BIIIIIIIGGGGGG foreground elements. And the aperture was stopped down somewhat for increased DOF.