• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What do you do with your stands.

96trigger

I usually have my stands down by now. I haven't been able to get out there and get them, and to be honest, I don't know if I'm done bow hunting yet. Do any you guys leave your ladder stands out for the year? I have done it in the past, but don't really like to. I'm afraid that if I wait until the end of season, I won't be able to get to them.

I usually carry my stands in and out of the woods each time I hunt. However, I bought a ladder stand this year so I could take my little boy with me a little easier. I'll be pulling that stand in a few weeks.

It depends on the location. I usually have around 6-8 hang-ons out every season and if they're in a good spot, I'll usually just loosen the strap and leave them on the tree. Otherwise I'll try and take them down after each season along with all the cushions. My basement fills up pretty fast.

Ladders stay up, I have a couple with the chain and they get put in good spots that are used every year, they get left for the most part, but my strap on stands I try to take down after season or even in the spring and then are put up in August or late july.

my stands stay out all the time. I used to take them in at the end of every season, but I found myself putting them in the same spots the following year. Now I just move them a little if need-be. I always check them in the summer to make sure they are still in good shape.

Since I bought a portable hang on lone wolf, i pack my stand out. Not sure if everyone knows this or not, but lone wolf stands use straps and they recommend new straps every 2 years if left out year long or every 5 years if taken down each time. This might be the same for all nylon strap type stands.

I leave most of my stands out. I do like other guys do and loosen the straps and take off the cushions. As far as theft, I have had 3 stands grow legs, but all were stolen during the hunting season. (and all are cable locked to the tree)

Not too many people in the woods in the winter or summer, just a few turkey hunters in the spring. If its gonna be stolen it will most likely be in the fall.

I only use portable hang on stands. I feel it is dangerous to leave these out long term because the straps wear down and will fail over time. I keep them stored in my garage and check the straps each year to make sure they didn't get eaten by mice or something.

Leaving a stand up with a chain or something sounds fine, but it really just damages the tree too since it needs to grow and eventually the chain/straps get stuck in the bark. The metal can also fatigue over time with the tree growing and trying to expand outward through the chain.

I prefer to bring all my hang ons in every season and store them safely in the garage.

I have one ladder out that my daughter uses for gun season and we leave it so our friends who live there can get some use of it too when we're not around. We check it over about a month before season every year. I would prefer to bring it home though.

All the cushions come in. I even bring in the cushions of the hang ons in for the weeks/days between outings. It will increase the span of comfort and performance if you take care of them.