• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEED PRAYERS FOR MY DAD

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for all of your support guys. We were told yesturday to prepare for the worst and it was just a matter of time before we lose him. I ve lost good friends and other family members but this by far is the hardest thing that I have ever had deal with. I again want thank you guys for all of the supprot that you have given me thru this.

Gordie aka elwood

Someone told me once, "love 'em or hate 'em, you only have one dad." I feel there is no good way to loose a parent, it is bad no matter what.

Thought's and prayers sent your way. You never know, you hear about people turning it around after the "...prepare for the worst..." meeting....

All I can say right now is AMEN to PRAYER

Yeaturday the doctors were ready to write my dad a ticket to the grave yard and I dont know what happened other than a miracle this morning my little bro stopped by his room and he was not in his bed well he had to do a double take the old man was on the toilet he told the nurse he wanted to take a you know what and he sat up and with help made it to the toilet.

if you would have seen him yesturday you would never belive it.

keep praying and thank you so much for the prayers

Wow...what a Thanksgiving huh? That is amazing. My thoughts and prayers for his continued recovery!

I had a similar experience with my Dad. The doctors told us that he had a 5% chance of making through the night and to prepare for the worst. They had even called the hospital chaplain to come and sit/visit with us. He made it through the night. My sister went in to check on him and he said "I'm hungry, I want some chicken soup!". We all laughed because he had always hated chicken soup before getting sick.

things seem to be looking up for Pa probally going to be going into a rehab facility instead of a nursing home rehab and thats a big plus for him and us.

thanks again for you support and prayers

God Bless

elwood

was down today visiting dad and he really is doing well. Hes talking and doing therapy PT twice aday and OT twice aday. hopefully he'll be home around Christmas but it all depends on his ability to walk with out the chance of falling.

Again thanks guys and girls for all your prayers I know that had a major impact on his recovery.

God Bless

Elwood aka Gordie