• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NEED PRAYERS FOR MY DAD

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

elwood,

Your dad seems to be doing fine. I never did get to talk with him, but he sure seemed focused on getting better.

Good luck and prayers to your dad and mom. Should be smooth sailing from here on out.

Shack

thanks shack I'll tell him what you said and that will mean alot to him. He is supposed to come home today but it may be closer to monday cause of some kidney problems last night but he,s fighting to come home. and the doctor is useing him as an example to other doctors not to give up on a patient.

Well I just got home and found out that dad is back in the hospital the nurse came to his house today to check on things and he choked on something he was drinking and now has that asperated pneumonia again and its not looking good again for him the got him all doped up on morphine and in the ICU again.

Now they are trying to decide if they will transport him back to the U or keep in the local hospital. Dad I know you dont like the holidays but there are other ways to go about getting out of it.

GOD Please take care of him.

Love you dad.

Gordie

Ah man frown

He was doing so well the last time I seen him in the PT gym.

Asperated pneumonia is no joke. There where a couple days after coming out of the coma where I had to think (almost relearn) to make sure liquids and solids went down the correct tube. The speech physician/therapist puts the fear of God in ya about this.

As strong as your dad was this last time, I would think he should pull out of it just fine. smile

Thoughts and prayers from the Shackbash Family.

IMO (just my opinion), I would push to get him back down to the U if at all possible.

Anything major occurring with me in the future, the U is where I am going. My track record with them is in good standings wink

This is a bummer though. I know what your dad went threw and how touch and go it seemed. I still think he can make it threw.

Just got off the phone with my mom and the doctors afre sending dad home today miricals do happen I guess his seizure meds were to hi of a dose and thats what was screwing up his balance and lowering his BP he did have just a touch of pneumonia but they have that under control.

Told My mom that for a guy that doesnt care for the holidays that he better love them now.

This will be a great Christmas for my family after all

Merry Christmas to everyone and thanks for all of your suport thru this.

God Bless

Elwood

Gordie Mach

I hate to say it, but I told you so! grin

I never did formally meet your father, but always was interested. I admired him from a distance because he could walk pretty good right out of the gate and I could not even walk wink

In the end he breezed right threw rehab considering what all had happened. That to me shows how strong of a person he is. smile

Great to hear Gordie! Thanks for the update.

Happy holidays indeed!

WOW what a roller coaster dad is on he got out chistmas day and that night he fell so mom had the paramedics come and help her get him up she just cant do it. the saturday he fell again and back in the hospital later on they released him sunday the home health aid cam to check on him and now her's back in the hospital for a couple days then I think its of to nursing home for awhile until he gets his strength back. I think this is killing my mom as well emotional roller coaster. hope and pray for the best for him.

God Bless

Gordie