• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Kent Hrbek Outdoors finished

Scott M

Quote:
Hrbek moves on

Former Twins great Kent Hrbek can still be seen on TV fishing and hunting with celebrities on "Kent Hrbek Outdoors," but he said he has severed ties to the show and isn't doing any more tapings.

He said he has parted ways with Wall to Wall Media, the Twin Cities company that bought the show two years ago. The company will continue to air shows for the next year that Hrbek had done before he left, said Kristin Geer, company president. This is the show's sixth season.

Hrbek said it wasn't exactly an amicable separation.

"It's too bad it had to end that way," he said.

Added Hrbek: "I loved doing it. I think people liked the show. They talked to me more about it than my baseball-playing years. It's not the way I wanted it to end, but life goes on."

He had some good shows and he had some bad shows. It wasn't ever very consistent, and you often got the feeling that he was just winging it, particularly when the fishing was rotten or everything was tiny. Still, he'd be welcome in my boat because he's a guy's guy...loves fishing, hunting, sports, drinking beer, and b.s.'ing.

That stinks. Herby seems like he'd be a great guy to hang out with and do all of things mentioned above. I guess he'll have more time to hang out at his new bar at Target Field next year!!!!!

This truly is a bummer! I heard the news over the weekend, and couldn't believe it. I had the pleasure of filming with Eric, Hrbek, and Brian this past Spring for a show that actually airs in 7 minutes, and they were a great team. Hrbek is down to Earth and easy going, Gis has a great sense of humor and does some great producing, while Pinske has the vision of all great artists, and is phenomenal behind the camera.

The show will be missed!

I would echo the things Matt said, as Kent hunted the lodge I hunt in SD and they were one of his corporate sponsors. He is truly an outdoorsman to the letter. A regular Joe in the field and off. I for one will miss his show and hope I can share the field with him again. And if you ever want to hunt win an incredible shot, go out with Kent's good buddy Tim Laudner, man can he shoot!

I actully met him a few times.

the first time was out on orchard lake in lakeville. he was just getting on the water to do a taping of his show and we pulled up and dumped our little boat in. he commented on our motor (1958 evinrude) and i pulled it once and it started (first and last time that has ever happened). he was mighty impressed and was very nice to me, my dad, and my buddy and he signed all of our hats.

very nice man and im sorry his show is done.