• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Bow stand Log thread.

alwaysonthemove

It was an awfull nice evening out there. Its sure nice to have the woods pretty much all to yourself. I ended up seeing one doe. She had a death wish the way she was walking all around in front, behind and to the side, but she lived to see another day. where are the BUCKS tired

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to stay out for just over 3hrs. Had 8 does/fawns come in at 3pm to 25yds and feed in a old food plot. Had a lot of tracks coming in from yesterday, no bucks but I know there are still a couple big boys left on this farm. Was just across the border in River Falls.

last night I was headed out at three and came over a hill to find three does between me and my stand. After a quick observation and not seeing any head gear i decided to proceed and get to my tree. I thought it would be a good night, but it turned out not to be. Just a very loud squeaky stand. I did notice there was a freshend up scrape by this stand. confused This morning It was awful crisp out all i saw was a nice sunrise.

We hunted hard this weekend in the cold but drew the short stick. Hunted Sherburne Fri morning and Sunday evening and the Crosslake area the rest of the weekend. We saw one small buck and a handful of does/fawns but nothing within bowrange. I did however get a chipshot on a strutted up grouse, but I blew the shot. Bummer. Time is running out now.

Hunted 3 hrs in the stand last Sunday, did not see a thing, and the wind picked up, so conditions were not ideal. Lots of fresh sign in the snow, and a buck reworked his scrape about 50 yards from my stand. Not a huge scrape, but cool to see the dirt all tossed around with fresh tracks. Wish more daytime activity was happening. Not sure if the deer are moving early, or what. Do they move that much in this cold?

I plan on hitting it tomarrow night. If it gets into the double digits the deer are going to be moving good. I've been watching a group of deer up on the hill and they were bedding down late today. I figure we are not the only ones to get cold in this stuff. If it gets into the 20's some deer are going to die.

It was a nice morning to be out in the falling snow.

Sat till about 10 am and still didn't see a thing. It's normally not that slow around here this time of year. We're seeing deer in the fields down the road after dark and around 5 am though.

It just didn't work out this weekend - my last weekend for deer this year. The ice fishing gear is awaiting its work out, so on to the next season! smile

Good luck to those who are out there still going for it! I hope you get what you're looking for.

And congratulations and thanks to all that have had good fortune and good advice to share here in the Archery forum. It was a fun season! smile

Nope, its not time to put away the archery gear completely though. Another round of going through everything, organizing and making the list of what to repair and replace. First order of business for me I think will be putting on a new Vapor Trail string and new peep. I think I'm due.

Went out Thursday Saturday Sundy. Thursday had 6 come out first one looked good was going to shoot but saw more coming. Ya she was the biggest of the group busted me. Looked up at me and just could tell something wasn't right and bolted taking the rest of them with her. Saturday sitting in a different stand. Started seeing them come back out got to about 50 yds and one must have hit a tree and broke a twig because the crack scared every single one to run away and the sound wasn't even near me! Sunday not a thing on the stand but saw 30 in the field when leaving

sat out tonight was in a tree stand, decided to get down and move. Had seven deer come within 40 yards 2 does 4 fawns and a small 8 point buck. I was on the ground so it was had enough to draw withou the buck seeing me, just as i was about to settle in for a shot one of the fawns saw me move and blew, which sent the whole bunch running i shot but the arrow flew over the bucks back. getting frustrated

Here's one that came through at 20 yards last night in the north metro. The snow made for a quick and easy recovery. Here's the interesting part. After closer inspection, what I thought was a doe for the freezer turned out to be a buck that had already lost his rack. Now I can exaggerate a little and say that my buck's rack was so big and heavy that it wouldn't even stay on the top of his head! grin

I believe this is technically a doe or "antlerless" deer according to the DNR, right? I'm legal either way, I'm just curious.

Buck2-2.jpg