• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

Great idea!

My dad was thinkin the same thing and bought me a come-along in case I didn't have anyone to help when I get a deer. However, he only got me the one with a 50 ft steel cable.

He also built me a ramp to clip to the tailgate of the truck so I could use the same come-along to winch the deer & sled up into the bed.

That's an awesome deer. I can only hope to get one that nice some day!

Not sure if the photo meets forum requirements, but mods, feel free to pull the photo if it doesnt.

full-30035-38770-does.jpg

Hunted my ***** off this season. Spent time in the stand at least one morning and/or evening, every weekend, for the last 6 weeks straight with the exception of one weekend for a funeral. Of those hunting outings, 3 have been full weekend trips to get in at least two mornings and an evening. Even with that much time spent (more if you count scouting), I still was outsmarted, busted, winded, arrow-jumped, deflection-missed, and laughed at by many-a-deer. This was all on public land in different parts of the state. Finally whacked two does this past weekend (double does 5 min a part) with my new Hoyt Spyder 30. Just the fact that I stuck to it til the bitter end makes me very proud of my two does. Watched some small bucks & let em walk and also got a deflection treatment on a young 8 point and luckily missed entirely. It aint easy. Be proud if you shot it with a bow in a fair chase setting.

I should've gotten a hero picture with both of them, but the mile drag through thick tall grass with no trail had me a lil "out of it" so I didn't think about getting a better picture. Good luck to those who are still out there. I'll be taking a break to get some weekends in with the wife & kid (until gun season closes of course LOL).

1ER

I left school this afternoon at 3:45. I raced home to be in stand by 4:15 to get the last 50 mins of the hunt. The property I hunt for some reason the farmer left about 4 acres of corn standing next to some oaks and a swamp. Now that firearms had been done for about 10 days I figured I had a chance at a deer, but still a long shot. Got into my stand at 4:15 and had action right away as a lone doe came out of cattails and into corn. But about 100 yds away. Shortly after that, 3 adult deer slid behind me by 50 yds but then walked away. At 440, a nice doe appeared behind me and it was obvious she was going to come by at 30 yds. I let the arrow fly as soon as she was broadside. An absolute bulls eye shot. Double lung, went 50 yds watched her tip over. A nice way to end my season. I think the bitter cold had them up and moving tonight. Definitely a great way to end my season. She escaped death a couple of weeks ago as a slug passed through her just below the heart grazing the underside for some unlucky hunter. But not this time.....

20131126_171219_zps9a1a787a.jpg

Got out tonight for a quick hunt, was in the ground blind by 3pm and killed a nice mature doe at 4:05pm. If you look at the picture of the ground blind I shot her out of the window on the left, she was between the middle divider and the small trees. She only went 60-70 yards, all I can say is that Nocturnal nocks are awesome. First deer out of a ground blind also and that's awesome being eye level with them. Sorry for the cell phone picture my camera batteries were frozen, I kept looking at my phone and it was reading -15.full-23988-40068-img_20131207_145744.jpg

full-23988-40069-img_20131207_163209.jpg