• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Draft lottery

Scott K

because that its not lotto balls. its a 4 digit number of which there are alot of used in the lotto. personally i think its a fraud.

examples:

2008-Bulls have an almost non-existant chance of winning. They win the lotto. The prize? HOMETOWN Derek Rose.

2009. Sacramento nearly assured a top 3 pick. Sacramento is dealing with bankruptcy and might not be around for long...what happens? in a 3 player draft they drop to 4.

2009-2nd biggest basketball market moves the most and gets the number 1 pick.

2009-Wolves win a coin toss with memphis giving them better odds at a higher pick. wolves drop to 6. memphis leaps to 2.

we are still paying the price for joe smith. Stern is a coward and needs to get over it and quit messing with us for a personal laugh

Memphis usurps Minnesota for the 5 spot. That's how it always works, Minnesota drafts at or below its projected spot. I could see the team drafting Brandon Jennings, the kid that skipped college in the states and sought out a big European contract when he couldn't pass any collegiate entrance exams.

It will be interesting to see some of the player developed, but I don't think Timberwolves basketball will be must see TV next winter. A couple more wins and back into the lottery.

Luck is never on our side. Maybe we can move up into the top 2 via trade. We need a GM and a coach yet. Nobody wants to run the squad. Not looking good for the Wolves. ESPN has the Wolves taking DeMar DeRozan from USC at No. 6

The problem is the talent drops off a lot beyond the 3rd pick. In this years weak draft you have a good 1-3, then beyond that it really doesn't matter much whether you pick 6th or 20th.

ZERO percent change Rubio slides to us. Although Memphis may be the only team in the league dumb enough not to take him at number 2. The other team that could make that bad of a pick is taking the number one overall (Clippers) In a draft FULL of major question mark players, I really hope we draft the only other guy I am pretty sure is going to be at least a starter in the league for many years, in Curry. He may not have the upside of DeRozan, Teague, Harden, Hill, Evans, Holliday, or Jennings. But all the player have VERY big question marks.

I also am not high on Thabeet, I've seen him as nothing more than a POOR mans Samual Dalembert. Now, there are lots of reports recently about him bulking up with a strength coach, and having very good showings in the draft camps. If he does develop and offensive game, he could be something. I watched a number of their games, and he was outrebounded by smaller players a bunch of times. Still might be a great defender and shot blocker, but I haven't seen any offense or rebounding expected from someone with his traits.

Harden may be the bust of this draft. He has limited gifts physically, where his upside is not as high as the others. Might be the most ready to help immediatly of the SG's though.

DeRozan had a nice late season run, but didn't do much prior to that. Jury still out him big time.

Jennings seems to have the best tools of the point guards, a lot like lasts years draft steal Russell Westbrooke. He could be a Dwanne Wade like slasher, but again, big question mark.

I say draft Curry. He showed he can play the point unlike Foye. Has the ability to make people around him better. He might not have the athleticizm of some of the guys above, but knows how to the play the game, and he can shoot the lights out. I think he is the only sure thing after the first 3. We could even trade down to get him too.

a lot of places have rubio going to OKC and Thabeet going to memphis. westbrook to SG for okc. Personally i think its ridiculous since okc has westbrook and memphis has Gasol.

Harden is exactly what the team needs: a good kid who keeps his mouth shut and can shoot the lights out. silent but deadly. a guy that you look at the box score and say WOW i didn't know he ended up with 25 points tonight.

Derozan can't shoot worth a lick but is athletic. i think he's a huge mistake at 6.

also teams wont be trading out of 1-3. they aren't stupid. I honestly bet it would cost #6, Next years first (if it doesnt go to LAC) AND possibly Love. no thanks.

if they draft curry at 6 i will hang it up. 18 and it'd be cool. has to take a ton of shots to get his points and definitely needs to bulk up. also is not suited to run the point, he's foye all over again in the NBA. where he goes he needs to play SG.

"a lot of places have rubio going to OKC and Thabeet going to memphis. westbrook to SG for okc. Personally i think its ridiculous since okc has westbrook and memphis has Gasol."-crappiesncats

this isnt that far fetched though because memphis doesnt have Gasol, he was traded to the lakers last year.

"a lot of places have rubio going to OKC and Thabeet going to memphis. westbrook to SG for okc. Personally i think its ridiculous since okc has westbrook and memphis has Gasol."-crappiesncats

this isnt that far fetched though because memphis doesnt have Gasol, he was traded to the lakers last year.

He's talking about Marc Gasol not Pau.

"this isnt that far fetched though because memphis doesnt have Gasol, he was traded to the lakers last year.

Good stuff......but brother Marc is who they are taking about.......

I hope they end up with Harden...some have compared him to a version of Brandon Roy...

If the Wolves take either Thabeet or Curry with the #6 pick I will have a hard time being excited about our new addition.....

the talent level drops dramatically after the top 3 and I think it is after the top 2 (Griffin, Rubio)..............the next 6-10 guys all have an upside but none of them jump out as "good NBA talent" yet......