• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where is everybody going for opener

wheelerboy920

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth...

I wont be fishing. I call it "Amature weekend" and opt out. I used to go to Rush, Blue, or "Lower"Big Pine. But now I stay away from the crouds at the landings and go do something else.

What?!?!

I'll be on Lake Washington by Dassel.

Wow I caught my first fish off my grandparents cabin dock on Stella. Have not been back to the area in 25-30 years. There was a place in Darwin called Jacks I remeber the great hamburgers. Does Stella still conect to Washington? Enjoy your opener.

I will be on Vermillion chasing Bass.

Good Fishing!!

I can't believe you didn't mention the Twine Ball. Of course it might not have been there 25-30 years ago.

Like WaveWacker said they are connected. And I'm sorry to inform you that Jacks is gone, and yes they did have great burgers.

When your folks live on the lake you never have to worry about the landing's, the boat is in from ice off till almost ice on. Plus the added benefit of if it gets cold or simply boring for my kid you can simply drop him off at the house with grandma.

mp82, Have fished wawa many times. Great panny lake with decent walleye action. Always of done my best in or around main lake reeds.

Thanks DL, I hope we do alright. It is our first time fishing this body of water so I'm not expecting the action to be that great. From what I've been hearing from everyone the walts hang out in a lot of "non-traditional" spots on wawa. It's a big lake I hope we find a couple spots early in the day saturday, so were not just spot jumping all day.

Originally Posted By: Neighbor_guy
For what it is worth...

I wont be fishing. I call it "Amature weekend" and opt out. I used to go to Rush, Blue, or "Lower"Big Pine. But now I stay away from the crouds at the landings and go do something else.

What?!?!

My thoughts exactly. It's pretty much a sin in my book to miss it haha. I can't imagine sitting around knowing I could be out on the water.

Thanks bottle,

Yes I also remeber the ball of twine. Stopped at it many times as a kid. To bad about Jacks them burgers were good. I think I will make a trip out that way this summer for old time sake. Good Fishing!!

On a side note I see you are from Hutchinson, I had many relatives in the hutchinson area back in the day. I know my moms second cousin built a house on Washington when we were little and still lives there. Our surname in the area is Betker I know there is still some in the area.

Location is Hutch, but I am not from here. Sorry Pherris I know no one of that name. I know more people from Dassel Cokato area than here in Hutch.

If they are on the north side of the lake I wouldn't know them. I only know 3 people on the north side, but almost all on the south from the landing east.

Location is Hutch, but I am not from here. Sorry Pherris I know no one of that name. I know more people from Dassel Cokato area than here in Hutch.

If they are on the north side of the lake I wouldn't know them. I only know 3 people on the north side, but almost all on the south from the landing east.

BottleFish - thats why my grandpa fished Washington - he grew up in the Dassel/Cokato area - confirmed at the Stockholm Lutheran Church in 1906 I think it was? My great, great, great (think i got 'em all) Uncle Johnny lived in that first house on the left (below the railroad tracks) as you come into Dassel - had the long barn he processed sorghum in.

Anyway back to fishing, regarding opener? Think I'm finally going to make my first now that I have my own boat - Dad quit doing opening weekend when he retired (goes on Monday). When he did got on the weekend, said it was "JUST FOR MEN" shocked so I never got to go cry

Any suggestions for an "AMATEUR" in the metro?

For what it is worth...

What?!?!

No, I ment it. I used to realy look forward to it. Now I will mabe hit a bowfishing spot or two in a back water. It's sad too, because with my divorce and custody agreement I can spend all day both days fishing.

Way to many bad experiences with people who only fish one or two weekends (like opener) at lakes and landings for me to venture out anymore. I choose to stay out.

Besides the "real" opening day happens two weekends later. wink

Originally Posted By: TonkaBass
For what it is worth...

What?!?!

No, I ment it. I used to realy look forward to it. Now I will mabe hit a bowfishing spot or two in a back water. It's sad too, because with my divorce and custody agreement I can spend all day both days fishing.

Way to many bad experiences with people who only fish one or two weekends (like opener) at lakes and landings for me to venture out anymore. I choose to stay out.

Besides the "real" opening day happens two weekends later. wink

Hmm.... No Ely then?

Going to bring a lawn chair and a cooler to a local landing and watch the fun!

Ha! We actually did that one year on WBL county access too, and had a hoot! We ended up seeing people fall in, husbands yell at wives, and vice versa, and floating trailers still attached to boats, and we also helped push out several trucks (2wd) and minivans that got stuck in the sand. Helped some folks who didn't know how to choke motors or flip the winch ratchets on the trailers... hahaha! Good time for sure smile

Originally Posted By: Neighbor_guyFor what it is worth...

Me too...kinda compare to StPatty's day or New Years Eve....let the amateurs do the wild weekend, I'll do a nice calm area lake.

Originally Posted By: Bottle Fish
I'll be on Lake Washington by Dassel.

Wow I caught my first fish off my grandparents cabin dock on Stella. Have not been back to the area in 25-30 years. There was a place in Darwin called Jacks I remeber the great hamburgers. Does Stella still conect to Washington? Enjoy your opener.

I will be on Vermillion chasing Bass.

Good Fishing!!

Jacks just re-opened not too long ago. I will be on Washington for opener. And yes, Washington and Stella are still connected via the culvert. I just hope it rains and keeps most people off the lake smile Weekend after opener we are going to hit Mille Lacs.