Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
MJ1657

Deer Season Eve

Just before my 11yr old walked out the door this morning to get on the bus he stopped and looked at me, "dad, I hope I don't get in trouble today in school. I'm so excited to go to the cabin that I don't think I'm going to be able to pay attention in school today."

I just chuckled, messed his hair up and told him ditto for me at work today bud.

1 minute ago, MCI said:

Just before my 11yr old walked out the door this morning to get on the bus he stopped and looked at me, "dad, I hope I don't get in trouble today in school. I'm so excited to go to the cabin that I don't think I'm going to be able to pay attention in school today."

I just chuckled, messed his hair up and told him ditto for me at work today bud.

That's awesome!

1 hour ago, MCI said:

That is great... sounds like my 11 year old.... he has run out of hunting videos and such to watch on youtube!!....  deer camp is one of those things that grabs ahold of you.... hard to explain to folks who haven't experienced it... but is irreplaceable! 

I sit this weekend out, marking my second ever opener missed since I was 12.  It is hard to stomach, but the 6 year old boy who turns one more notch on the tree tomorrow to 7 has me staying back.  With the warm temps and his birthday, I have decided to wait for second weekend, but sure will miss the aura of "opening weekend."  It isn't what it used to be, but I sure get excited for it.

I wish you all success, whatever that may be in your books.  Please post pictures for those of us who have to live vicariously through others for a bit.

I only have to do 3 more years at home, and then hopefully, all future birthdays will be spent in the north country dreaming of the big guy stepping out.

Good luck!!!

I have to wait 8 days til I can hit the stand, well, I would have hit the stand, if it hadn’t gotten stolen that is :mad:

Went out yesterday to set my son’s ground blind up and put the pads on my 2 man stand (he just turned 14 so he can hunt by himself for the first time this fall) and lo and behold no stand. Sometime between the last time we were out there (late September) and now, someone took it and every last strap.

My bad I guess, it was on public, and I didnt have it locked to the tree. Now I’m just hoping that the ground blind is still there when I get back from outta town next Saturday night. Its on the other side of a 2 track and a couple hundred yards away so hopefully its still there when I take my son out next Sunday morning in the dark. The hardest thing was telling my son what happened when he asked how it went getting the stands ready. He could tell I was bummed. Its not even the money part, it was a cheaper one my wife had got me as a gift when my son started hunting with me when he was 10, its easily replaceable (I’ll probably pick up one after season is over and not even tell my wife about it, I’d probably get the “why wasnt it locked up?” line LOL). But, its disappointing all the same.

Good luck to everyone this weekend, I’ll be looking for those pics on here to get me thru til next weekend :D

The boy (Isaac) must be excited, I asked him to gather wood, he did, not peep.  Asked him to carry some pieces to the ladder stands he did, not a peep.  Never left us as we set up and even asked what he could do!  This is not like my Isaac.

Unfortunately,  I have an uncles funeral tomorrow morning, so my season will start Sunday.

Good luck and be safe guys.

I got out of the truck at camp Friday night and inhaled a bug!

I coughed and said "now this really does feel more like the archery opener!"

Sorry to hear about your stand Xplorer!  Hopefully they didn't steal little X's anticipation too!

10 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I got out of the truck at camp Friday night and inhaled a bug!

I coughed and said "now this really does feel more like the archery opener!"

I bow hunted Friday and Saturday instead of rifle hunting this year and was swarmed by mosquitoes all afternoon on Friday and Saturday while hunting near some low land with standing water.  Somehow it just more appropriate to be out with a bow instead of a rifle.