• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team Knock on Wood

DonBo

Had two hens come by heard a little gobbling on the roost. Then had a close gobble but no sign of tom yet

Thinking I should have taken a shot a one jakes a few weeks back.  It is just hard to do when you know there are a good number of toms

I am pretty sure this the same tom that has sneaking behind my blind most of the season. I heard a close gobble and got the crossbow ready. Nothing so a used a soft Yelp and I heard him go into strutt behind my blind again!! Dirty you know what. I just waited he spit drummed and went in and out of strutt. Finally the white head went past my first window on the blind. With his tail blocking his view raised the crossbow. I clicked the safety off and turned quartering away then turned broadside I pulled the trigger up he went and was dead when he hit the ground. I thought about taking pictures but while he came in but I wanted a turkey on the ground more. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Filling out the paperwork now

Hey all, was fun "hunting" with you this spring.  Congrats on the solid 4th place finish :)  Better luck next year.  If only there was a prize for the most team posts, we would have blown them all right out of the water.