• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Team Knock on Wood

DonBo

Knock on Wood     Total Team Score = 0
Donbo     CHECKED IN - MN Archery,  WS C Season************SCORED!
Monstermoose78    CHECKED IN - MN Archery****************SCORED!
totally_addicted    CHECKED IN - MN Archery
dillon(x1957x) - Y    CHECKED IN - MN Youth Season***************SCORED!
Pfunk    CHECKED IN - MN B Season*************SCORED!
paintbrush    CHECKED IN - Nebraska, MN C Season, SD, WS E Season

Looks like a winning team to me!  So, what's everyone's plans?  Who's hunting where?  When?

I've got a MN archery tag in my pocket, and two WS tags, one for late April, one later in May.  I'll probably use my new 20 ga.in WS since it's a turkey virgin.  I've got exclusive permission on two great spots in the metro near Stillwater, and a new 200 acre spot in west central WS that promises to be hot.

14 days, but who's counting?

I,m in(Dillon). I am hunting around the Lake City, Wabasha area mostly the first week. have about the whole season though as a youth. Going to do the gun again this year Don.

Hi Guys!   I'm Bill.   First off let me say I'm looking forward to being on this team. It's been a couple of years since I've last been on a team.

My season will start out in Nebraska for their opener. I've never been to NE. before so this will be a new state to add on to my list of states I've hunted. Going to give it a go in North central area on public lands to start. Will do some door knocking if need be, and I'll see if I can't make some private land connections when I visit one or 2 of the local watering and dining holes out there. From NE. I will be hunting MN. C season around the Granite Falls/Sarced Heart area. Been hunting down there for many years. After that, it's off to SD. for 4 days to hunt on a ranchers place who has become a great friend over the years. 22000 acres of land to roam on chasing those Merriams. Been drawn for WI. for the Zone 1 E season. Got connections down around the Stuben/Boscobel area, but we'll see if I go to that one or not. That's going to depend on how I do in NE. Might go back to NE. if I don't fill my tag out there on that first trip. Love chasing those Merriams!

As you can see, I like my turkey hunting! 

Hey fellas,

I will be hunting in Wright County the entire season as I will be only using archery.  This is my 3rd year in a row trying archery only for turkeys.  I had two great opportunities last year that I didn't cash in on.  One was so close I shot through the material of my blind.  The property I hunt is pretty good and with the nice winter their should be plenty of birds.  I will settle for the first legal bird as I have yet to stick one with my bow.

Good luck to all!  I am excited to read your stories!

Hey all, welcome to team 5, looking fwd to getting to know you all, and sharing stories.  Still  waiting for pfunk to show.  We nneed a team name, so lets hear some ideas.

Keep us all up to date on your scouting and hunting stories.  Let the fun begin!

Hey everyone. I'll be hunting MN season B in the Henderson area along the MN river. Unfortunately, this year I am unable to take vacation for turkey season so I will be hunting every morning before work up until noon or so, but do have the weekend for a couple days of all day hunting. That's the bad news. Good news is that we gained permission on a couple larger pieces of land that should provide great exposure to birds that are pressured off their usual spots that get hit hard. This will be my fifth season hunting turkeys and I'm looking to make it 5 years in a row bagging a tom (knock on wood)! Have been scouting a few times and the birds have been grouped up quite a bit still. One morning I counted 36 birds on one of the new pieces of property. Needless to say, I've got the itch!

I was out yesterday morning too. Two toms on neighboring property 1st place checked, the 3 toms and a Jake on the 2nd property.

This is where I'll be Wednesday morning:

DSC03659.JPG

On 4/6/2016 at 8:34 AM, DonBo said:

We're all here, any name ideas?  I like pfunk"s quote:    "Knock on Wood"

Hey guys, with some of us starting to hunt already tomorrow, it sure would be nice if we had a name before we start registering birds.  Anyone have a problem with "Knock on Wood"?  Otherwise lets throw out some other ideas.

Works for me

My supervisor told me today that I cannot call in sick  tomorrow or for the next two weeks. I should've never told him I was excited to go turkey hunting. I will be hunting hard Saturday morning through Sunday night and for the first time I hope to help my team.

" Knock on Wood" is fine by me. Good luck to you DonBo on the opener, and to you Monster this coming weekend. I will be getting out up here in Brainerd area in the morning with a buddies young son. He's skipping a day of school. He hunted last year with his dad, but had no luck. I'll try my best to call one in for him.  May have to wear our snow camo though as the ground has turned all white from the SNOW we are getting now. Did put a tom to bed tonight so we will see what tomorrow brings.

3 hours ago, monstermoose78 said:

Works for me

My supervisor told me today that I cannot call in sick  tomorrow or for the next two weeks. I should've never told him I was excited to go turkey hunting. I will be hunting hard Saturday morning through Sunday night and for the first time I hope to help my team.

Evening hunts can be very productive...

First gobble 5:45. Lots of gobbling now at 6:00. All about 100 -150 yds west of me. Let the games begin!

3 longbeards flew down near me, gobbling at everything I had, but they drifted back into the woods. Haven't seen or heard anything for a while now.