• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Flathead Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from the past couple nights?? wow, i've been on the river nearly all summer and still don't have pics like that to show for it. nice fish.. i'm starting to think the MN river is a treasure of the past.

I think those were all from pool 2, if I'm not mistaken. I haven't personally caught a flathead on the MN in well over a month now. Probably closer to 6 weeks. Not that I've tried THAT many times -- after every couple flathead skunkings here on the MN I try to go to pool 2 to get a fish so I don't get completely discouraged. I've heard they're starting to pick up lately though.

Gordie, that almost looks like bait!

I saw a pic from Phil (Mr. Special) yesterday that looked almost like that.

My smallest flathead to date is like 18 inches. But that was on a live bullhead. I bet cutbait or crawlers is better for the small ones. :-)

I have caught two flatheads on the Minnesota in thde past two weeks one was about 20 inches and one was 12 inches 20 incher was off of cut bait and the 12 was off of a frog.

The 12 incher

full-15313-23203-032.jpg

I caught it lastnite

IMG00849-20120812-1959.jpg

this just shows how well catch and release wrks lol

I'm just a part timer but APC put me on a new PB last night. Combo of cut sheepshead and sucker. I enjoy the catting more and more every year when the water gets too warm for muskies and I'm kinda sorry that was probably my last cat trip of the year, just don't have time to do it all. Hope you get your 50# this month, T - thanks for taking me out.

flat.jpg

Got a new personal best last night. I was getting frusturated, because I missed 3 fish last night and Chris had got 3 in the net, one which was tagged. I was packing up to leave, put the net away, and the clicker started going like mad. It's not huge, but I was pretty pumped as it beat my biggest flathead by 9". It was 35"x23".

full-26671-23404-pb.png

Caught my first flathead today!!! 44" length, 29" girth. The handheld scale said 46 lbs., but I think that must be too high.

I was trolling for walleye and caught him on a crankbait, believe it or not. I was using light gear and it took me 98 minutes to land him!

44x29inchflathead.jpg

Flathead44x29inches.jpg