• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Channel Catfish Photo Gallery

HotPocket

Thought I would throw a few of my better catfish my wife and I've caught over the last couple years on here. Sorry about some of the picture qualities as a good camera was not always available. All of these were caught in ND and are all channels.

This one went 19lbs CPR

full-43013-27637-18lbcat9_4_10.jpg

This one went 25LBS CPR

full-43013-27638-25lbsheyennerivercat.jp

28LBS 11oz CPR

full-43013-27663-28lbs11oz.jpg

Didn't get a weight on this girl, 26-28 we are guessing. CPR

full-43013-27664-bigcatfromthesheyenne.j

This one went 28LBS 3OZ CPR

full-43013-27639-28lbs3oz.jpg

29LBS CPR

full-43013-27662-29lbcatfish2012.jpg

30LBS CPR

full-43013-27640-29lbs15oz.jpg

27LBS and some change CPR

full-43013-27658-tookalotofyearsforthis.

25LBS CPR

full-43013-27641-bigcat.jpg

37LBS CPR

full-43013-27647-37lbs.jpg

33LBS CPR

full-43013-27648-33lbs.jpg

39LBS CPR

full-43013-27649-june2010cat.jpg

29LBS CPR

full-43013-27650-heavy.jpg

42LBS 1oz caught by my wife Tina, ND State Record

full-43013-27655-gameandfish5.jpg

42LBS 1oz

full-43013-27667-gameandfish.jpg

If I remember correctly, that fish was caught in a small 100 acre lake and the fish was originally put there to control the bullheads. Looks like it had been doing a good job of that. smile

Tina Willis, 31, of West Fargo, N.D., was targeting catfish with her boyfriend, Toby Mougey of Fargo, on July 25 when she landed the new record while using a frog for bait.

In the eyes of a hardcore cat man, it just wouldn’t have been right if she’d been dunking a nightcrawler for sunfish, stocked rainbow trout or some other “lesser” species — lesser in the eyes of a cat man, at least. grin

It's not often you get to congratulate a state record holder, so congrats to you and Tina!

I'm really curious if you have length and girth measurements of that fish?

Not sure on the girth of Tina's record but the length is 40". As for the pics, only 3 were caught on the Red River, 25LBS, the one we didn't get a weight on, and the extremely long male that went 25lbs...the others are various lakes/reservoirs in the state that have been know to produce channel catfish...we seem to get lucky enough to find the big ones once in awhile wink

Not sure on the girth of Tina's record but the length is 40". As for the pics, only 3 were caught on the Red River, 25LBS, the one we didn't get a weight on, and the extremely long male that went 25lbs...the others are various lakes/reservoirs in the state that have been know to produce channel catfish...we seem to get lucky enough to find the big ones once in awhile wink

If they get that big and fat up here by putting them in a few lakes and reservoirs I sure wish we'd spend even 1% of what this state wastes on walleye stocking and stock a few channel cats! Unlike a trophy eye, these things actually fight!

I'm not a cat guy by any means, but I do stumble upon them once in a while when I'm after real fish. wink I never realized they were even active during winter until I caught this one the other day and did some Google'ing and learned all about "cat tornadoes".

This one was 28" and caught through the ice on a buckshot spoon with minnow head on a ML Fenwick with 4 lb line. I thought I had a 10 lb walleye on the whole time until it got to the bottom of the hole and started rolling. I couldn't see yet it but I knew I was in for a surprise.

I don't see myself converting to the "dark side" anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind catching a few more through the ice.

IMAG0561-1.jpg

I don't see myself converting to the "dark side" anytime soon, but I wouldn't mind catching a few more through the ice.

This is where it all starts, "just a few" thats what I said at first. Welcome to the Dark side grin