• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

For sure I think some nice kitties will be caught this weekend. the cats I have caught lately look real good and the battle scars are even healing well. They should be feeding up real good. This light rain we got will also help stimulate their feeding.

Good luck to all and lets have a good time.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Tom. Last night was a good night for me for sure. I have been stuck at 200 points for a long time, and got 2 upgrades in one night. The night started off with a little flat about 2 pounds, it is nice to catch the future trophy fish once and a while. I then caught about a 12 pounder and it had a good battle wound on its back.

100_0603.jpg

Then a friend of mine broke off on a hook set with my pole, and he blamed it on faulty equipment. A few minutes later I hooked into a nice one, a 47.5x29.5, and this one sure had a full belly on her!

100_0607.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0611.jpg

At this point I was thinking I had a great night since this was my personal largest fish. Then we tried a couple more spots out and I caught a 46x27 flat. Which would have been my largest flat just a few hours earlier, but had now had to take second place for my largest cat fish. Not a bad night to catch a new first and second largest cats. I had to do a little work on this girl, she had 2 lines and hooks wrapped up in her gills(not mine), with a line that wrapped through and out her mouth and back into the outside of her gills. I couldn't get it all out, but got a lot of it out and she was in better shape when I released her, compared to when I caught her. Here is the 46x27.

100_0617.jpg

Beautiful fish, Scott. You had a great night. You ended up bumping me back into 5th place on the KOTC Flathead Board and I'm hanging on by a thread. I need an upgrade bad now to stay alive in the Green - I'm out tonight for sure.

Congrats on two great fish.

Thanks, I figured for the hours I have put in this summer, it would pay off sooner or later. That and what I spend on bullheads, Ed could start a college fund for upcoming children.

congrats Scott and way to go on getting that boat of yours on the riv alot of guys wouldnt even think of floating a boat half that size in the river. we gotta get out sometime this year yet.

Your right taking an 18 foot with a 115 down the river in normal water levels is insane, not to mention taking it down in these water conditions. Although the boat pretty much never left idle, and was pretty much trimmed up all the way up.

Any time you want to get out give me a call.

How did the Franklin contest go? Did you win? What was the big one

We are officially over 400 fish entered. WOW!

I knew the competition would be fierce this year, but had no idea that by July end you would need 215 to be in the top 10 for Flats.

Whew