• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

How shallow is it up there. Ive got a 19 ft alum trophy. Probably to big im guessing. I'll drive!

Oh the river is still high, well high enough anyway. It's dropping steadily day by day. You don't have to worry about sand bars, though, if that's what you're worried about. Just the errant tree or deadhead...but those are always around in high or low water. I've seen some fairly large vessels meander their way down the Red, so I'd say you'd be OK in your boat. Unless it's one of those uber-deep-hulled goliaths they use on Mille Lacs or Superior...then you might have issues.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks dtro man the fish are still biting really well here. Other than my trip to cabo marlin fishing I may take a trip to missouri or lower Iowa for some blues maybe we can start a new catagory? whistle

Leader board update:

Quite a bit of movement including some swapping of positions in the green area on both sides of the board.

I enjoy this time of year, as my admin duties slowly taper off now that a good portion of the contestants have their 3 fish filled and search for upgrades

(several at a point where upgrades will be a tough customer). I think we are now at over 300 fish that have been entered so far!

I’m thinking the next 2 weeks should be good for some more movement on the flathead side. The channel entries have really fallen off lately which is probably 2 fold, less people fishing for them and I suspect they are in spawning mode or close.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Looking forward to seeing more fish in the inbox.

Time for me to get after the channels and get in the green. I heard rumors of a place with fish around the 32x20 range that might need some investigating this weekend. A couple 50 pt plus fish would get me close to the red river guys.

Well, the bite is starting to slow up here, but the piggies still are out. I didn't catch this one (wish I had, woulda been a solid upgrade!) but it is my buddy's new PB: 25 lbs, 13 oz and 38x23.5! Enjoy wink

25lber.jpg

I wish I could have been out last night, Friday night was unreal. I hope everyone that got out found some of those active fish. My PB Channel came Friday night and hit the bait like a fright train, best clicker run this year by far. Now I just have to wait for the new prop to show up.

To date:

Flatheads

46 fish 40" (approx 30lbs) or over have been entered.

22 fish 44" (approx 40lbs) or over have been entered.

3 fish 47" (approx 50lbs) or over have been entered.

Channels

41 fish 30" (approx 10lbs) or over have been entered.

8 fish 36" (approx 20lbs) or over have been entered.

no work the next two days I might have to try and regain some ground as get in the green again.

hopefully that in the next five years we'll be seening more fish in the fifty lb range looks like the cats are doing well in the river