• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Contest

DTro

Just got in. Skunked tonight but that just makes me want to go again tomorrow night. It is a good thing I am retired - trying to catch you guys in the Green is going to be a full time job for the next month. I'm after you all now though - if you look in your rearview mirror you can see me coming up the river.

I think we have passed a turning point on the season. It was cold coming off the water tonight. I wore my long johns and I was glad I did. Hopefully the flats are going to put on the feedbag in September - at least long enough for me to catch a big one.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well steve your not alone with the skunk tonight four guys in my boat and we all were JU-JU_less but I did here of a biggin caught thou.

It was great meeting Nick and Jeff I think they liked bounceing off of a few logs and Kevin the guy says he's got 20 bucks laugh

BEWARE OF THE PAINTBALL BANDIT! revenge can be so sweet thou whistle

nice jump roman means I gotta do some work to get back towards the top

Thanks Gordie, gonna go drown some bully's tonight. Got a few trips left in me, then I slowly start my transition to the sturgeon. Can't wait for that to pick up. Good luck to all that go out, should be a good night.

Also nice bump up for HotPocket. I didn't think 230 was feasible, now I think otherwise.

Good Job guys!

The 229.5 is a great achievement itself, but look at some of the other numbers, just to get in the top 10 you need better then 215, you need better then 221 to get into the top 5, that there is a lot of big fish that have been caught this year, and lots of hours on the water to get them. Lets break that down by the weight chart.

229.5 averages 3 fish at close to 50 pounds!

221 averages 3 fish about 47 pounds

215 averages 3 fish about 43 pounds

I hope this trend of increasing numbers continues into next year and beyond. It all starts with us, and CPR!

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
I need a 50 to put me back in the green at this point.

Yeah...Yeah... Get in line.... Theres about 6 of us that could use one also...

You probably should start fishing instead of wishing.

thats funny right there and I'm with DTro I also am hunting for 2 - 50's but I'll settle for a 49 and a 50 grinwhistle

Well the month of Aug. I only fished 6 nights, and the way sept. is looking it will be less. So technically I am not throwing in the towel, but it will be close. Gordie if you, or anyone else knocks me out of the green you will have earned it. Regardless, I still had a very good year.

Well as of right now, I have two daughters in volleyball and they play every Monday, Wednesday and every other Saturday. I have a son in football which is every Tuesday, Thursday, and every Saturday. So that leaves me with Fridays and Sundays until November, and I think the wife made a plan or two on a couple of those nights.

Plus I have a coon dog that needs training time, and a pheasant/duck dog that needs to be worked with. I am sure I will sneak out a few nights after games or practices.

sounds good Tom I'm working on lake minnetonka for the next month and will draggin the boat down quite a few times so I will keep in touch with both of you guys fridays always work for me Scott and I know what yu mean about that duck/ pheasant dog I got one those also and she thinks she a lap dog right now gotta get her to sniff out cats and not the furry ones either grin

Originally Posted By: MinnesnowtaWild
I need a 50 to put me back in the green at this point.

Yeah...Yeah... Get in line.... Theres about 6 of us that could use one also...

You probably should start fishing instead of wishing.

Been starting to get back out, just not trying to relearn the area

It is tough fishing out there right now, but I will be trying to upgrade until the eye's start. I usually go mon, wed, or thursday, if anyone wants to hop in.

Ed I think I'll take you up on that for next week like on Wed. or thur. if your headed out.