• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

Todd,

Order replacement/extra batteries for your camera like Cin and I did. I'll look into where we got them as we bought 2 batteries and chargers for less than what Sony wanted for 1. Jay we are going to have to hook up and do some fishing this year, Been a long time talking about it.

Nice fish and video.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from my 50 mile round trip of checking ice conditions. Ice is pulled away from shore at e-banks 6ft. bradley, lebonon, hatch, moraine myself I wouldn't attemped to try to fish these spots there is alot of water running into these spots the ice is floating.I didn't want to take any pics too depressing.

Thunder

Thunder - My camera has those little rechargeable jobs. I have two of em. The only time I have issues is if I bring one and forget to charge it. Not sure about the video function though.

That stinks about the ice! But 6 ft is a doable jump, lol. I've jumped pressure cracks miles out on Oneida like that crazy Tank and I sailed across a good 10 footer traveling at a high rate of speed on the snowmobile once also...

Steve - Yes, we are overdue...

AW - 50, sunny, and windy down here...

Hi all,new to the site....good gettin to know ya'll AW and Tim....good luck with that tip-upin

Hey Scout, AW helped me put two and two together - now I remember ya from another site. Good to have ya here, welcome...

Kirk - painting ice jigs? why would someone do that? whistle Send me an e-mail and I can hook you up with where to get some un-painted stuff. Plus Otis pours some of the nicest and cleanest jigs iv'e seen...

From Todd this morning..

These 2 pics were taken by lebonon resevior sorry no pics of ice to depressing out of the 50 mile trip to check ice I myself would not go..

toddspics120eh1.jpg

Some deer that made it through the harvest..

toddspics115ne0.jpg

Nice pictures Todd.

Nice picts Todd, but that one of the deer looks like a picture Timmy would take, crazy

My camera is an Olympus Stylus 790 SW. I believe the updated new model is the 850. It has 8 megapixl while mine has 7.1. I have seen them for around and under $250. Billy picked up the same camera and model but the 1030. It has a few more features but nothing nesessary from what iv'e seen, he returned a bad camera(diff brand) and ended up with the upgrade for free. It also has 10.1 megapixles. They run around 3 bills.

I'll do some looking on-line for ya. Usually you can find free shipping...

For the price it is awesome! Small, easy to use, and tons of settings and features...

Saturday was a really "crappie" day here also grin I found some safe ice at one of my crappie ponds and did about 30 fish up to 12" and a 10 1/2" bluegill which was my largest ever. I kept about a dozen crappies for a nice beer batter fry in the new fryer that Santa brought me and I'm eating the rest tonight! I confirmed once again that Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale makes a very tasty batter and it's also not hard to drink a few of those either whistle

Way to go John! Did you take any pictures? 10.5" WOW!! cool A bluegill of that proportion must be verified grin

Just got off the phone with North Shore at lunch and he fished the backsets on Delta Saturday, lot's of small fish and he reported their were guys on the main lake crazy as well. He's doing a drive by now and he will call in the info.

Way to go John! Did you take any pictures? 10.5" WOW!! cool A bluegill of that proportion must be verified grin

I ended up keeping it along with some of the crappies and took a couple pictures on the tape on the counter when I got home. It was one of those gills that was big enough you could lip it like a bass grin I'll pull em off the camera tonight and I'll email them to you. On second thought I should have probably frozen it and taken it to the taxidermist for a mount.

Tough call on the taxidermy thing I went through that with my walleye. Still have the photo, glad that I released it, but when you think of a replica's cost crazy I think maybe I should of had it done. Oh well... That lipped grin bluegill would have made one heck of a mount smilecool

Tough call on the taxidermy thing I went through that with my walleye. Still have the photo, glad that I released it, but when you think of a replica's cost crazy I think maybe I should of had it done. Oh well... That lipped grin bluegill would have made one heck of a mount smilecool

I didn't have my camera or a tape with me on the ice otherwise I likely would have just measured, photographed it and let it go but this was a gill I just had to bring home and formally document and then, well, I ate it grin I would always go for a skin mount over a replica based on the pricing I've seen. I'm waiting on my first 16" perch or 17" crappie to keep and have mounted smile