• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

AL - Wheeler still has a lightly used LX-5 and I think he will take threefitty for it let me know if your interested. Get the LX-5 Al because your eventually gonna want it, if not this year, next year. Ask CNY Lee he will tell you wink

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim I wish I had that much to spare. All I get is SSD and the other half works, but she's already balking because I want to spend twofifty to three on one. Payments I could do, but the only one that knows me is Thunder. Again wish I had the greenbacks, but I don't. I'm even going to sell a couple of my shotguns and 4 wheeler to help me fund this new hobby.

Yep I'm in violation King you got me, just trying to help a retired friend on a pension here.

I hear you Sniper07 it sounds like a VX-1 maybe up your alley. Did you check the local gander in your area for them. Having a fishfinder is the main thing you could also try Craig's list too lots of good deals to be had there.

MAB been a while since I made that run with Hendo and North Shore.

Just rocked my 6 month grand daughter Cecilia to sleep and tucked her in, getting ready to hit the hay. Doug, Frank, Jim, Lee and Rich will see ya in the morning. Frank and Jimmy see you at Dippin at 5 a.m.. Will be thinking about you there brother Todd. It's gonna be a cold one boys adn I'm bringing a couple extra tanks cause I know how you guys are whistle

OOOps gotta make sure I remember the camera, good night and Happy New Year Gang...

Tank I'll run that package to the post office on Friday.

Originally Posted By: augustwest
RU1...good job!

Were you on Milearm Bay?

Yup........ Bigger ones hit just before dark... Heading back up there Sat...Any of you guy's interested?

I can't go on Saturday...but, I would love to go up Sunday. I have a High End Catering function for Dr. Cross(President of the University) on Sat. that requires my full attention. Could you possibly go Sunday instead. I really want to fish Milearm again. I haven't fished Black through the ice in over a decade. Man, I love that fishing!

Either way, keep me posted and good luck if you go Saturday!

Originally Posted By: Sniper07
Tim get ahold of Wheeler please, I'll have the money Thursday, I'm dumping one of my guns for a song.

What make and model?? Might be able to work something out wink

Hey Al...I like guns too grin

What are you possibly getting rid of?

I have an extra Flasher you can use when we get together. It's not for sale, but you can use it whenever we go out. I haven't met you yet...but if you are a friend of Thunder...you are a friend of mine, brother wink

Two shotguns, one a Charles Daly 20 ga with turkey choke. Bought last year for my daughter and she only put a couple boxes through it, so it's like new. I also have an old Marlin model 55 12 ga with the micro choke. Old but a good shooter just the same. I,m leaving home this am about 9:45 to take them to Gander Mountain. I'll see what they offer me, but will more than likely take it so I can go get my new to me Flasher.

Originally Posted By: ReelUgly1
RU1...good job!

Were you on Milearm Bay?

Yup........ Bigger ones hit just before dark... Heading back up there Sat...Any of you guy's interested?

I can't go on Saturday...but, I would love to go up Sunday. I have a High End Catering function for Dr. Cross(President of the University) on Sat. that requires my full attention. Could you possibly go Sunday instead. I really want to fish Milearm again. I haven't fished Black through the ice in over a decade. Man, I love that fishing!

Either way, keep me posted and good luck if you go Saturday!

Nope cant fish on Sun.... Im leaving for work on mon to a far away land and Sat will be my last day on ice for the season..

RU1...good job!

Were you on Milearm Bay?

Might be able to hit it with you Saturday ReelUgly, usually hit Black at least once a season, have not yet this year..

Originally Posted By: ReelUgly1
RU1...good job!

Were you on Milearm Bay?

Might be able to hit it with you Saturday ReelUgly, usually hit Black at least once a season, have not yet this year..

Well grab a few of the others on here and head to MAB... Lots of fish just have to weed them out... I kept 15 over 10" yesterday... We will have a few of us there we will be cooking vennie sausage so we wont be hard to find... Use your nose..

Fished silver for gills just before the thaw.Not much to report weeds looked good plenty of fish just all on the small side. Unfortunetly didn't get to move around much because it was pouring rain.Looking to put a good week in next week,might have to bust out the survival suit.If anyone know's of ice conditions on onieda (walleye water)i would appreciate the report. Thanks

Fished silver for gills just before the thaw.Not much to report weeds looked good plenty of fish just all on the small side. Unfortunetly didn't get to move around much because it was pouring rain.Looking to put a good week in next week,might have to bust out the survival suit.If anyone know's of ice conditions on onieda (walleye water)i would appreciate the report. Thanks

Good luck with that here.... Everthings hush hush... I report where i fish and what i catch but seem to be the only one.. But if you wanna go to black we will be there Sat..

Crazyeye,I don't have a ice thickness report yet I do know that there is very little snow on the lake.Oneida is a ice making machine when we have cold temps like this and no snow on top if I here of any reports I will post,I have a friend of mine coming up next week to fish it (if possible).Thunderman

Reelugly1- Thanks for the invite but thats a little to far for me (wny). I would love to ice fish it been about 15 years since i've been there. Use to go there every memorial day weekend back when i was in high school with friends. Party and fish good times!

Thunderman- I like the little snow report already!! Thanks

Crazyeye...I know they are fishing BB, other than that, I don't have any reports. When they start to get on Waldo Grounds...it pretty much becomes common knowledge. I have a few spots that I did well at last year and would be willing to give up a few Coordinates. They are nothing special, but I personally did my best Waldo Slamming in these particular spots. These are also within a 10 minute walk with some snow. The deeper the snow...the longer the walk. I have my sled all ready to go this season and wouldn't mind having some company during the week trips. Most of the boys here fish weekends or they burn the hard earned "days off" they accumulated during the open water months. We are a bunch of "Die Hards" here in the FM/NY Crew...and we don't mind giving up information to fellow IceHeads who love the sport as much as we do cool

Good luck and the Oneida Reports shouldn't be long if the Temps stay COLD!!!