• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome scout57! We didn't go that far west fishing today but Todd had 12' of thwhite stuff in Oneida last night. Hope your feeling better Todd...

Planned on fishing a couple lakes but shouldn't have left the first one because that is the only place that didn't have 8" to 12" deep slush. We spudded a bit walking out and drilled a hole and we had 5" of ice and no bounce by the holes I think there was 1.5" of black, walking was through 4" to 12" of fluff with hardly any slush. Northshore, Mike and Alex were on yellow tape and Greg told us it was a hard haul on to the ice. Doug and I viewed from the parking lot and decided not to try it and we called it a day.

Great fishing with you Doug! Talked to Steve, Jon, Jay, Z and Todd while fishing..

Here's the pics..

Nice 11 3/4" perch on DC's horizontal nightmare and a Maki brown mousi

1001310bd8.jpg

This is the best seed and crappie I caught, rest were pretty small..

1001316kx2.jpg

1001315vl3.jpg

A couple of little largies

1001313tl9.jpg

And Doug's nice bass, saving the best for last... cool

1001317kt3.jpg

wink

Todd and Frank the ENY gang was on that lake we fished and they released grin two dozen nice slab happpies 12.5" to 14" and Bud caught the widest 10.5" gill of his life and had a tough time getting him out of 6" hole. coolwinkgrin there cutting 5" of black but they have a boat load of water on top of the ice, terrible walking, but a great day fishing with high winds on Sunday. Bud's wife won't let him bring the camera (I remember those days) wink but he picked up a new camera to post up pics from Tyler and his next ice venture. I want to go back down and fish that again when I get Momma's wheels. grin

Wow Joe that was quick.. Joe completed his drive by on drago and there were two guys fishing in front of the Lakehouse about 30 yards out. Looks like y didn't get much snow compared to other lakes in the area. shockedcool He'll be doing some more poking around over the next couple of days. Hopefully he will get out of his car and make a walk out.. cool Thanks Joe!

Nice fishing with you Timmy...as usual smile

We should have stayed put a while longer and maybe things could have taken a slight turn for the better. All in All...we did catch a wide variety of fish. Happies in 32-34 FOW gotta love that. It reminded me of last years Silver Lake Tourney...Genzy was sitting on his sled watching Sammy, Jimmy, Kyle, Steve and myself pull Happies out of 32-42 FOW using the Schmarcums whistle

Todd...after talking to you this afternoon...i think you only have a quick Food Born Ilness. That may sound bad, but being a Chef, it isn't really bad. Several trips to the $hiter over 12 hours will take care of that. I really don't want you to be layed up on your Vacation over the Hollidays. I'll call you later.

I ended up over to Backsets for about an hour or so this afternoon. 12 plus inches of snow, 2 inches of SLOP between 7-8 SOLID inches of the best ice in Madison County. I caught 2 Slob'Gills and 1 Slob 'Seed!

Have a great Eve to Christmas Eve and be safe. If anyone wants to chat...I'll be home with my woman wink

After going into work for a few hours this morning Tank and I hit the neighbors pond for a few hours. Nothing great but we got some nice fish. Had to work each fish as the pressure had them down. Think we caught a half dozen each on gills and bass plus a few nice crappies.

Tank with the first fish - a solid gill!

pc242574pi0.jpg

pc242575cx6.jpg

Mmmmmm, plastic! The only two fish that were real aggressive wacked a Maki n my jig combo...

pc242578xx5.jpg

Tank delivering the wood with my new TB sweetheart Plus.(btw, it's a sweet stick)...

pc242581xo4.jpg

This guy had to try some plastic too. All fish educated and released...

pc242579ty7.jpg

Time to start cooking and haveing a few cocktails...

Jay - I sit here fat $110 dollars from smoking the mopes in 9 ball at the Legion and run into those pictures of you and Tank on the the pond and nothing could be sweeter.

I am actually thinking of getting an LX-5 for you with my winnings if you haven't checked your email. ;)It was a very good year for MarCum and I thank those you who believed in me and MarCum and whom have shown this unit to others as your choice because of ice performance. The leader wink

Nice pics and a very merrry christmas to one of bestest friends. wink

Timmy - Is now the time for me to get sentimental? Our should you start ripping through a 12 pack first, then i'll have a new Lx-5?

All kidding aside, I love picking on you! But you are as good a friend as I or anybody could ask for. Thanks for being yourself...

I got a belguim sampler pack to start in on here, you find yourself some pop also. Wish all you guys were closer as I've been cooking all afternoon and have an awesome spread going...