• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

Sniper, I'm free a lot as I'm retired early too. Got to shake this bug and I'll be ready to go. Look forward to meeting up with you soon. I can't hold a candle to the boys but I try like heck and have fun doing it. Since I'm sitting tight with the cold and the weather, I guess I'll re-spool some reels. Looks like a few days wait.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ray and Sniper. Hey if you two and maybe Timmy also want to take a road trip for a couple days let me know. I have room at the house and the lakes are less than 30 minutes away. If needed I can turn the water and heat at my other house and then a whole crew could visit. We can fish West Point and get into the perch and Gill's and Crappies. Something to think about.

Steve.

I'm ready for a road trip to catch some of those "PIGS" I've seen in your photos USMC. Say the word and I'll bring down some of the boys to fish. We wouldn't want to impose, so include some info on lodging in the area and we can take it from there. Those sure are some nice Pannies you have down your way wink Is that area restricted to personell only? If so, I'll bet you have some untapped (besides yourself) fishing!!

With your GPS capability, I'm sure you have some spots on lockdown!!!

As it stands right now I will be off this Monday and Tuesday. The Lakes are open to guest of personel and I can get the passes in advance. All the Lakes are behind locked gates and have to be checked out each morning.

No such thing as imposing! My other house is open right now so it isn't that big of a deal getting it ready. It isn't much but a warm place to sleep and have a few beers with dinner.

Jay, what ya thinking brother? You have the confused face up?

Ray and USMC130FE that sounds like it would be a sweeet time. Just let me know when you want to put this in motion. Ray just let me know when you want to hit the ICE and we'll do some day trips. I'm no expert at this, I do it mainly for the fun. Hope your feeling better soon, I myself am just getting over some kinda bug.

DC...let's get demographics, and see what we can do Sunday night? I can come down and get you and head east for 1.5 days...if you can slip away? I think CNY Kyle and SalmonSeeker should be in tow as well whistle

I will work on this soon USMC130...I look forward to it cool

I need to take care of a few things before I can commit. I need clearance from the boss, which should not be an issue and I am real close on sealing the deal on a new truck. I might be picking it up this afternoon. If that's the case I will be able to fit 4 grown men in it with all the gear. I am getting a full size 4 door, 4by4 GMC Pickup. This baby is SWEET cool

I'll call you later after work DC and I'll get USMC's # from Timmy and call!

Steve I am good for Monday. My Mom is going to get Amanda off the bus, call me at work for info on the permit. Let's get this done. If anybody is off Monday and wants to do the trip with me I have room for one and gear... BTW Stve your DVR was mailed priority mail yesterday... Talked to Jon and they were doing inventory for 2 days and your units if they haven't shipped yet will leave by Friday...

aww man would love to make the trip but trying to save to va ca time....i burned ALOT this hunting season. Very Tempting tho! may have to mull this one over this weekend....Steve/Timmy/Doug will be in contact with ya's to let ya know for sure....

That's good guys, looking forward to having you all visit my neck of the woods. I will need to get with everyone and get your fishing lic # for the access permits on post. I will pay the $3.00 fee for my guest! laugh Timmy I will get with you for numbers.

Timmy, I'm good to go for Monday. It only took my boss a week to figure out I was requesting Monday off, I kept saying it sure would be nice to fish on Monday and he must have thought I was messing around because today he said "I didn't even see your email about Monday until a couple of minutes ago and didn't get it when you kept saying fishing on Monday." LOL

What do I need to bring besides my trap, marcum, poles, bait and lures?

Jay - That's a good lake for a short trip grin I called Z this a.m. he's working nights but hopefully he got the message to Craiger. Hey KingSalmon what says you? Same time same bat channel laugh

Lee - I really don't think will need much other than what you specified, close call on that vacation day with your boss whistle

Steve has all the lic #'s except for Doug's...