• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008/09 Ice fishing Reports

I had my phone off and didn't even know it. Sorry guys...Momma didn't ground me.

I was contemplating going to Black myself today. I couldn't get any confirmation on the other site last night so I cancelled that trip. I did however wake up at 5AM and couldn't get back to sleep, so i grabbed my Steelhead Rod, Waders and some flys and headed to Altmar for a while. I started with a Strike Indicator and fished a small area that wasn't raging too bad. The water was up a lot, but there was still a lot of snow all over as soon as I hit Sylvan Beach all the way to Altmar.

Anyways...back on track. I caught 7 'Bows all between 9-12 inches in the slack water on Red YBD's and Red Makis with a 5 foot leader and indicator. I moved over to the main River to do some bottom bouncing without the indicator. I lost 2 Steelies on the YBD/Maki combo before I turned to the Chart Fly and connected with about an 8-9# Female Steelie and brought it home for the Smoker. Nice Healthy Fish grin

I ended up with 4 in the net and took home my one for the limit. I usually don't keep those fish...but I have a great recipe to get those fish to taste good. I have a picture that I will email Timmy or Jay to post. I ran into a buddy of mine up there and he took the picture for me...waiting for the email.

There are $hiteload of Steelhead in that River...I have NEVER seen anything like it. I fished for about 4.5 hours and saw al least 40 plus fish hooked or landed. UNBELIEVABLE cry

I am heading up New Years Day...ice or not!!!

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carl - Pretty easy and I'll try to give you the Big Johnny Ice tutorial since he helped me to get going.

http://imageshack.us/

After you put your memory card in the computer and saved your photo' to my photo's click on the image shack link above.

Click on Browse

"This will directly take you to my pictures"

Click on the picture and at the bottom click open

The image shack page will fill the browse setting next click on size "640 x480" is best for the forum

Then click host it (Orange lined box)

You will seea bunch of links when it's done doing it's thing.

For this site scroll down to "Hotlink for forums (1)"

Copy and paste that link to your post here, like so..

30incherby3.png

That's pretty much it... Good luck and if you have any questions will be here all day...

Dad and I tinkered around here today, cleaned up the garage and cut down a few dead trees for firewood. Drove by the neighbors pond and the ice looked locked up. Grabbed the spud and it was a solid 3.5-4 so we scarfed up 2 buckets, 2 rods, and 2 Marcums. Fished for an hour and marked very few fish, plus the few we did see were major lurkers. We did get to stretch the lines out with 3 "ThunderGills" cool

pc302628ol5.jpg

pc302629fi5.jpg

CNY Lee - I'll have to do it from work tomorrow. Can you give me a ice condition report as soon as you have it please. Some of us where XXL and larger you know laugh No problem packing the waders as long as there's good strong ice there... You want me to give em Dumac and Gobble addies?

Todd - One thing about Jay's rod's is he never builds a rod that he wouldn't mind keeping for himself, wink and field testing to boot smile