• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Monster Musky - Caught 1/3/04

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Here is a heart thumpimg video of a monster musky - Caught on ice

Caught just this past Saturday, January 3rd!!!

Icing Musky - IceLeaders.com: 56K Modem - CLICK HERE

256k High Speed - CLICK HERE

Recommend that you Right Click on the 256k link and "Save Target As" to download to your PC. Then play it right off your PC. The 256k is a bigger picture with better sound.

Let us know what you think?

IceLeaders.com

I think too many people are downloading it. I have a T1 connection here at work and will not stand for 3.87 K/sec dl speeds. I think where ever this video file is hosted from is getting hit hard right now. I'll try again later.
GET OFF THE INTERNET PEOPLE!!!! YOU ARE SLOWING IT DOWN FOR ME!!! smile.gif

Yeah it was pretty slow for me also and we have shotgun T1's here at work. I figued they probably have the HSOforum's bandwidth throttled so the downloads aren't slowing down the rest of the site.

Man that video rocked, talk about weak knees... VERY COOL!!!!

Matt

Hi Rick,
WOW what a fish! Could you please coach me a little on muskie through the ice. I am going to Crow on an anual trip next week, have always chased the lakers but not muskie. Can you give me a basic pattern and presentation you start with up there? Tackle?

I just showed that to my kids for a bedtime story...they thought it was about the coolest thing ever. They both thought it was going to be an eel pout though (the burbout has mysterious and legendary status in my house for some reason). Thanks guys!

What an amazing video, and fish! Really nice job landing that beauty.. I'm curious to know what it was caught on, and what sort of structure you were fishing. I've been trying to pull a muskie through the ice for some time now with no luck. Those videos are really fun to watch. Keep em' comin'!

Remember the videos you see shot are when we're targeting lakers. Muskie season up there closes in December. Even in season, this lake has a 54 inch minimum. It's a rare occurance to see a ski but you can see it's an unforgettable one. Use the utmost care wheen landing these beasts by slowly sliding your hand inside the gill cover and firmly grab the gill plate. Let the guy with the most experience land 'em. Don't use a gaff!

Ditto the bronzeback. Thanks for the feedback guys I'll never forget watching Patrick grab that fish and pull her out. The fish was returned in excellent shape about 30 seconds after the landing. That's the thing about skis they are a memory every time you see one caught!