• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

how many rods do you have

73mrpike

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, time two add two more rods to my list that I just ordered two days ago...

1 - 6'6 St. Croix Legend Elite Medium-Light Fast action spinning rod

1 - 7' St. Croix Avid Series Medium action baitcaster..

I got them both brand new off hsolist for $300 -- Gotta love getting a good deal!

2 cheap fly rods

1 Ungly stick caster for cats

1 MH Croix spinning for cats/pike

1 ML cheap graphite for slip bobbers

1 old fiberglass MH rod from my gramps, hardly used

5 ice rods

I tend to break a rod every now and again so I avoid paying too much. I hate the hassle of getting things fixed or replaced under warranty. When I get a boat I am sure my collection will triple and if I ever get to live on a lake it will triple again.

1 ugly stick ultra lite

1 fenwick lite

1 st croix lite

1 st croix med light

1 st croix med

1 fenwick med

i g-loomis heavy

1 st croix heavy

5-10 misc diawa and cheapy set ups for the kids

I have a total of

3 -- riggin / jiggin

3 jiggin

2 med/heavy casting for pike

2 med/heavy trolling

I range from a browning, mitchell, St Croix, Cabelas Whoopin Stick, Fish Eagle II, and my newest addition are some Limit Creeks which I can't wait to get out on the water with...thanks again Turk for the recommendation!

You guys are making a serious mistake by posting here. What if the wife knows your screen name?

The whole issue is an invasion of privacy. Sort of like asking a guy how many guns he owns. Gentlemen don't ask. And hopefully their wives won't know.

Not sure how many in all. 9 that I use regularly.

6'6" Fenwick XH - Musky

7'2" Fig Rig MH - Musky

7'6" St Croix H - Musky

6'2" St Coix M XF - Walleye Jigging

6'6" Shimano Crucial ML - Walleye jigging

7'0" Shimano Cruical ML - Rigging Walleye

7'0" Gander Mtn Tour Series M XF - Rigging Walleye

7'0" St Croix M Casting - Bass, Trolling, Northern

7'0" Jimmy Houston Series M Casting- Bass, Trolling, Northern

1 2wt

1 3wt

3 4wt

1 5wt

3 6wt

2 8wt

2 7' ML spinning

1 7' m spinning

1 7' MH spinning

1 6' ML spinning

1 6' L spinning

2 5'6" UL spinning

1 5'6" fether light spinning

1 7' ML caster

1 7' M caster

2 7' MH caster

2 flippin sticks

2 rods for spoonplugs

2 rods for plainer boards

2 rods for down riggers

and a few more that I don't use vary often.

Just finding out that I am not well equipped on the rod front to go salmon fishing on Lake Michigan in a week. Anyone have any favorite combos for fishing big water as deep as 150' or more?

Have a dozen plus rigs. Don't target bass or muskies, so pretty much have trolling,rigging,jigging, and panfish setups. For the money, my favorite reels are the Shimano Symetres and Garcia baitcasters. My go-to rods are Fenwick HMX's. I do have a few high end rigs, but they're almost too nice(and expensive) to be throwing around the boat. And then theres ice fishing rigs...

Hey this post makes me sick to my stomach knowing I only have 6 combos and they are nothing special and if I remember right the most expensive one is my baitcaster and that was about 80 bucks and the rest are spinning combos including two UL and 3 med/light setups and none of them are nothing special. But definately wouldn't mind having a few more thats for sure, wife won that battle though so none this year unless I can sneak a couple new ones by her which can be hard to do. wink

If anyone has a few extra from the west metro area you should let me know if you would like to get rid of a couple and how much you would want for them.

My email is [email protected] Thanks

I have way too many to name, probably 15-20. However about 5 of those are rods that we've just accumulated over the years, all 6' Mediums, which sucks, because I'd much rather have more diversity!

all total best count is around 20-25 summer and 6-8 for ice

(8) for lake superior

the rest for eyes or whatever comes along,

one is a st croix avid series I special ordered from them while working for gander.

O

I just counted and we have 13 rods. I use 6 regularly... 2 set up for bass and pike, 2 for walleye, and 2 for panfish, crappie, etc.

When fishing league or in a tourney, it's nice to just grab and fish, rather than having to re-tie every time you want to switch.

The other rods I have are for my wife, son, and daughter. And, extras for when I take other kids out fishing.