• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOW BOUT DOS VIKES

#Boater#

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why I went fishing today instead of watching the Vikes Queens. Good thing I did to b/c I didn't miss much. I see Daunte sucked and Tice was worse.
It was like I knew it was going to happen but I didn't believe it.
Well atleast I dont have to watch the Vikes no more, I can just go fishing!! grin.gif

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

I am not so sure we should be blaming Daunte... he is just running the chicken sh... dump plays that are being sent in. Parcells seemed to do fine with a QB with TONS less talent then Daunte, our line and our WR's... WHY... becuase he calls plays and makes a gameplan that suits his QB and players. If we had ADJUSTMENTS on the offensive side of the ball just ONE time this year... lets see... this game, Chicago, Oakland... just to name 3 off the top of my noodle, then we wrap it up with games yet to play.
Get rid of Linnehan... he has had 2 years to show he is a high school OC and not yet ready for the pro game.

I like the talk of bringing in McGinnis as Def Cooridnator. Ex-head coaches make GREAT cooridnators because they feel they have something to prove and they are generally smarter and more experienced. Now we just need Shannahan or someone like that do get axed and we can get a new leader on offense as well.

I Quit watching Pro Sports several years ago, because of the VikQueens, I do not watch over piad Attitude Ground Men WINE like BABIES,.
The Twins I do Like, even tho they are a farm club for the rest of Baseball.

Don from SD

Going Fishin Have a nice Day Minn. Cring in your BEER.

Typical Vikes - choke like a dog on a Christmas turkey bone grin.gif They have disappointed their fans about 40 out of the 42 years they have been in existence, why should they change now. They need to follow the yellow brick road and ask OZ for a heart, or rename the team, Cubs?? Red Sox??

Deputydan,
None. I work dayshift now. Oh by the way, welcome to FM newcomer....I thought that was you cookie...ONLY 6 WEEKS TIL SPEEDWEEKS.

[This message has been edited by #Boater# (edited 12-29-2003).]

I can handle the Vikes not getting into the playoffs (all coaching in my eyes) but what gets me the worst is that we could have knocked the Pack from the playoffs and instead we let them in. All that aside I wish there was a way for NO team to represent the NFC North in the playoffs cause our division has no playoff caliber team.

I agree with scoot, penalties and turnovers! THAT IS A TYPYCAL SIGN OF LACK OF DISIPLINE. Which falls on the coaching staff as a failure.
Dick Vermeil, and Bill Parcels have said this a 1000 times. Parcels also said that a good coach could coach any sport, not just what sport he's in. Look at where their teams go.
Not that the Packers have a great disiplined team too, but there in the playoffs.

GO PACK GO!!

------------------
End of the Line Charters
Lake Superior
1-888-U-HOOK-EM
www.fishontheline.com

I think its time for some serious changes for the Vikes. Fire Tice and fire Linnehan. When you look at the line up the Vikings offense, they should be in the playoffs every year. One of the most talented QBs, the most talented WR, and one of the best RB corps in the league. Why not bring in somebody from the outside and start over with the team. Better attitude and more of a work ethic. I see Tice acting like an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly on the sidelines all season and I'm almost relieved that they are over and I hope his employment with the Vikings is over.

S.O.S.D.D. (SAME OLD S#%T, DIFFERENT DAY) when will they figuire it out? special teams coach has shown no talent for the game. dauntae, hit and miss, try hittng the numbers on your own team while they are in stride. he mostly throws behind or low. offence line, listen for the snap count in the huddel. defence, im passing the ball 5 to 10 yards behind the linbackers all day, what are you going to do about it?

I don't really agree that it is not Culpepper. How many of the games did he play in when they went 6 and 0, and how many did he play in when the went 3 and 7?

There are some QBs that are winnners and there are some who aren't. Could be the guy don't have what it takes to be a winner frown.gif

[This message has been edited by upnorth (edited 12-29-2003).]

Even though I grew up in Ohio I have been a vikes fan for 33 years. It felt great to move up hear in '97. At least this is a team that people have hope in every year. Try and be a Bengal fan frown.gif. I remember how I felt when I was 8 and the vikes lost to the Chiefs. That just made my stomach turn. Yesterday the only other time I have felt that way. In years past the queens have imploded against good teams, but this was A VERY BAD team. My god the quarterback has only started 3 games. This is all on the shoulders of the coaches. The game plan stunk more than I do after a weekend on the ice blush.gif
Five out of the seven losses were to lossing teams.
I need a beer.

Tice has to be fired. In 3 years as Vikings head coach, he hasn't done anything that any other mediocre coach wouldn't have done.

I remember his first game as Vikes head coach, when he replaced Denny Green. It was against the Ravens (the Ravens' championship season of 2000?). That was then year Baltimore had an awesome defense, but a horrible offense. Anyway, the Vikes made it to the Ravens goalline, and instead of kick a field goal, they went for it! . . . . sound familiar?!. . . .They let go of the sure thing, against a team with anoffense that couldn't score on Madonna. Right there, I knew Tice was not the man for the job.

Tice's reputation as a disciplinarian surely hasn't lived up to its word. Vikes were the most penalized team in the NFL!

Then take the whole Korey Stringer saga into consideration (where Tice has often been criticised for overworking players in extreme heat).

This guy has to go. Don't let the pencil behind his ear fool you, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed!

Jim Fossel, please come to Minnesota!

The worst four teams in the NFL each have a record of 4-12. Guess who lost to each of those teams?

[This message has been edited by smartguy (edited 12-29-2003).]

I am a HUGE Minnesota sports fan and in past experiences the vikings always find a way to blow the big game. I don't think it's the players, coaches or refs fault, i just think it's destiny!! My question is why do we all set ourselves up for this big disapointment every year and i mean EVERY year?!
I can't wait 'til next season they will win 4 sure!! I promise???
Go Timberwolves!!!

Good Fishin'

eh all...
Gotta put in my 2 cents worth here. I started as a Viking fan many years ago...die hard avid fan...back when they were the purple people eaters. Eller, Page, Marshall, Fran, etc etc. Used to sit and watch every game. Then came the trips to the BIG GAMES whereupon they choked...every time. Then they all retired. I swore I would never watch another Vikes game. I lied. Yesterday I watched. I got so [PoorWordUsage]ed......I swore never to watch another Vikes game..ever! It all came back to me. Sound familiar to anyone? I thank the GUY upstairs we have the WILD. (fingers crossed)
TALKOOOOOOOOOOO!