• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HOW BOUT DOS VIKES

#Boater#

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That offensive gameplan was B.S.! Use your weapons to the fullest! Just dont go to them in time of need when everyone knows thats what ya do! And Da-- it anway take sure points!!! Ok Im better now. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves. Im going fishing, scrw the Vike Queens.

[This message has been edited by Northlander (edited 12-28-2003).]

one yard line and you DONT kick the field goal. 270 pound Daunte all day. Daunte is the scapegoat. Coaching is to blame. Same with the media, leave Daunte alone, hes starting the friggin ProBowl.

What did Sid say today in the Trib?

He guaranteed Tice would have his job next year. Are we so sure about that?? Kind of ironic.

I definitely feel like I wasted 3 hours of my life watching the game....no heart at all. I agree, the last half of the season was a huge disappointment, new coordinators all-around!! Lets see how well the pack will represent the NFC north in the playoffs????

Why couldn't I have been born in a state with a decent football team???

Every year one of two scenerios happen for me with the Vikes- 1) they suck all year and gimp in with four or five wins- this is a slow and painful death each time they do it or 2) they give me a glimmer of hope only to screw me over and make me realize that they are doomed to suck each and every year.
Two thing summarize the year for me- turnovers and penalties. What do problems in these two areas equate to? Poor coaching!
Scoot

They're facing a rookie quarterback and I didn't see 'em blitz more than a couple times. Good riddance, George O'Leary.

When you move almost effortlessly up the field and can't punch it in from the one, you don't deserve to win.

The biggest problem with all of this is that now we have to listen to all the announcers soil themselves with glee over Brett Favre for another week.

[This message has been edited by Jarrod32 (edited 12-29-2003).]

Coaching and defense

It has been the defense for YEARS!!!!! but year after year the vikings continue to draft offense. When are they going to learn that defense wins games? Do I have to mention two out of the last three Superbowl winners?????

I've been a Vike's fan since the beginning (1961) and there aren't too many games or seasons I can remember where I got this frustrated!! BUT, "still" a Vikes fan...ALLWAYS a Vikes fan!!

------------------
Hey, you're bobber's down!!

You're right - pro athletes that make the salaries these guys do shouldn't need coaches to motivate them. However, they do need someone to establish off. and def. game plans, both of which have been horrid and inconsistent all season.

Wow, I am still in shock. I have wathched the purple since I have been a child. I am now begining to believe there is some kind of curse on the Vikings. There was 2:00 minutes on the clock, the cards had not scored a touchdown all game and they get two in the final two minutes. It is simply unbelievable. You should never let the game come down to one play and put a subjective call in the hands of an official. I honestly do not see any way that the player could have got the other foot in bounds he was falling backwards and barely even got one in. Very sad day for the purple faithful

How about the no calls on the Cards last 2 TD drives??

1st one- their benchwarmer TE pulls Russel down by the face mask and catches the TD. Nobody gets that open in the end zone without a major no-no somewhere.

Lasy one- WHY WHY WHY did nobody notice that the Card QB was 2 1/2 yards past the line of scrimmage when he threw the ball???????

Combine that with the bogus 4th 1/4 Pass Interference calls, and its 11 men against 14 or 15.

I am pretty happy with the Vikings season. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that we would have been pushing 10 wins? The best I saw was 8 predicted, and most predictions were 4 or 5 wins.

We VASTLY improved a terrible defense, but took a huge step backwards on offense. Dixon needs to go. Rosenthol looks to be a bust, unless penalties get you points?

I think a new Off Cooridnator is a must, and Tice may need to be a bit more hands off with the play calling or something.

Lets try to look on the bright side, we beat the Pack at home week one, we beat Seattle, Denver and KC. Those 4 wins were not expected. The fact the team could get up and do that is a building block.
They will have just as brutal schedule next year, if not harder as Detroit and Chicago seem to be playing some pretty good football right now and will be better next year with some impact draft choices, but with some minor tweaks here and there, an 11 or 12 win season is not out of the question.

No big surprize to me. The wrong Vikings showed up in Phoenix today. The overpaid, overrated and undercoached version. I had my fill of professional sports a few years back. What makes them worth soooooo much money anyway? I'm pretty good at what I do too but I don't make a lifetime income in one season like they do. How much are any of them worth right now?.....

I'll have to agree that, the officials pulled the Cards fat out of the fire. I don't think either of the two touchdowns were legal catches and the long pass int call after the onside kick was a bogus call as well. How lucky are the Cards that the camera angle that would have shown the first touchdown not to be a catch was blocked by the QB and a Vikes Rusher? How unlucky are the Vikes that our Saftey gets penalized for making a play when the receiver would not have got that second foot in bounds and the ref. makes the irreversable call on review.

On the pass interferance, both the receiver and CB were looking back at the ball which was thrown to the other side and they both made the adjustment on the uncatchable throw.

Did the Vikes play this year?? Ah I missed it lol, Darn my fishing habit.
Now that the wait for them to blow it is over its time to go fishing and blame it on the lures and the bait.
I havent watched an entire game since the infamous field goal and I don't think I will again either.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)

[This message has been edited by frozenminnow (edited 12-28-2003).]

DIE HARD Packer fan here but to tell the truth if either team was a true contender it never should have come down to this. One or another team ( Packers ) should have had things wrapped up a couple weeks ago if they were truely decent teams.
Though I'm happy as Heck the Packs in I doubt they'll get too far with thier D.

GO PACK !!!!!

I myself am a huge football fan. But when the Vikes loose I just remind myself, its entertainment. When the Vikes loose does fire rain down from the sky? Do the rivers turn red? Yeah, you hate to see you're team loose. But you have to remind yourself that its just a game. Secondly, for those people who want to drop Culpepper for someone "smarter" I.E. Pig_sticka. Look at his numbers. His QB rating is 97.4, thats only behine Steve McNair and Peyton Manning, and those two are MVP canidates. If you watch all the other QB's around the league you'll appreciate Culpepper more. You can't blame one guy for the Vikings troubles this year. Giving up 42 points to the Chargers is not Culpeppers fault. Both sides of the ball have played poorly at times this year. But I think the problem is with the play calling. A two year old could plan a better game. We don't use Culpepper the way we should. They coaches are trying to turn him into a pocket passer, a "student of the game." Culpepper is an reactionary type QB. You give him slants and timing routes. We rarely run screens, we never use slants, we don't throw to the TE's. 90% of the time we run on first down. Run on second down. Then throw to Moss on third down. We don't mix up the play calling, thats the biggest problem. Same thing with the Defense. When the defense plays well its usually because we're agressive. If you sit back and play cover two any QB will pick you apart. If you blitz and hit the QB a few times he'll loose confidence and his timing. I'll leave it to that, I could go on for days about this.