• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need everyones help

Bulldoggr

UPDATE!!!!

I wanna thank all of you of guys and gals for the help, that you have provided. It really means alot to me. It is also good to know that a group of people would come together to help another out.

The tip that was posted here about the Bug Deflector on craiglist was instrumental in the arrest of the indivual(s) that stole my Truck and the other personal property that was also stolen from my neighbors.

When that person listed the bug sheild on craiglist, he was not counting on anyone from FM, Hotspot or Iceleaders keeping an out for the items that i had described that were stolen out of the truck.

Further more when he left his Name and Phone number with the Ad he posted on hsolist. That too was a big mistake on his part.

Within Minutes after reading that post on hsolist I knew that was the bug deflector that was on my truck. I did a reverse phone directory on his Nunber and Found out his name and his Address.

I reported it the police and gave them the finding of the reverse directory. Heck I even mapquest his address. I decided I would go up and check out the place. But I knew it probably would be a bad idea. Sure i would have felt better Pummeling the guy. But It was not just me that was the victim in all this. so I knew to let the law enforcement agencies do their thing. when I was at the police station giving the detective the stuff i printed up from Craigs list, and the maopquest, and the revers directory. The detective did a quick check on the guy. I got to see a pic of the guy. turns out the guy has a record. and the record he has is quite long. the officer had to keep scrolling to see all the things this guys has been charged with.

The best part. Is the police are able to go back and see just what vechiles you have owned over the years. Turns out that not only did this guy not have a chevy truck within the 99-00 years like his ad described the bug sheild that came off his so called truck. but the guy has never even owned a truck.

Well they recovered my Bug deflector. I actually had ordered another one just like it before I was aware of the posting this guy had made on hsolist.

That bug deflector came today. i have not opened the box and am going to send it back now that we found the original one. then last night i went and had a new radio put in the truck. LOL I found out they recovered my radio as well today. So I am hoping I can go back to best buy and have them take back the one i bought and had them install last night.

Still have not heard if they found the seat covers i had in it. I would be surprised if they do. I have a feeling they cut them out.

I'm thinking about telling this story to one of the TV stations. i think it would be a great story on how a bunch of Minnesota fisherman helped to nab a crook and recover stolen property. I understand the Police think these guy(s) have been coming down in this area and burglarizing the area for some time.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am telling ya, I will not say.

Glad to hear this. Life is back on track...

On the radio, you can resell it on Craig's list grin.gif.

No wonder he has a record like he does, what a dumb (contact us please).

I am glad this worked out all the way to the end. Not most are able to do this.

FM is a great resource, in more ways than one...

Good luck..

IQ of mature parking meters.

It's the small stuff that trips em up. A few years back a friend's storage garage was burglarized. He was listing the stuff and had only listed the big stuff. He said something about several pairs of wool socks being taken, and I convinced him to put it on the list he was preparing for the cops. The cops got a lead and went and did a knock and talk at the bad guys house. So what was sitting out in the open? The socks. As in your case doofus had a long record and he got to take a substantial vacation for this rap because he was dumb enough to steal some firearms.

congrats Luker, im glad you got your truck and the other things back. i still cant believe people do this to other people. i remember one time i forgot to lock my truck and the next day i had .60 cents and a $15 radio and a pen stolen and left my door wide open. everything else was still there, but they just had to have my fountain drink money, the walkie talkie, and most important the pen.

Un - dirty word - believable!!!

It looks like we have all got friends we have never met before on this forum. It proves that with all the negative stuff on the internet, some positives can still come through.

DD

I know the feeling of being robbed I moved and had everything I owned in a storage unit. I was in the process of building a house. I owned a const co and all my tools were stolen before i could get them out of storage. 1 1/2 years ago. never seen again. It sucks!!!

Nice to hear of a good outcome for you Luker. You got your truck and other stuff back AND got the bad guy. You even got to turn him in yourself. Must feel pretty good.

And...Like has been said before... what a great place this forum is. It's great to know that a bunch of people, most of whom have never met before, have got each other's backs. That is the way the world is supposed to work. ONE FOR THE GOOD GUYS.

Originally Posted By: Trouthunter
Nice to hear! Did you ever find out how he got your truck started??

BD

What I believe happened was it was one of the few times i had not locked my truck with the transponder as i walk to the door of the house.

So this guy had ransacked several vechiles in the Complex. When he got to mine and was going through my console or Glove box he found a key. A key i forgot I even had. In jan of 2006 I had accidentily locked the Keys in my truck with the truck running on the Job site I was overseeing. Job ws over in New richmond Wi. So i ran into town and had a key cut so i could get into the truck. well cause my original keys were in the ignition I must have taken that key and threw it into the console or the glove box.

I had forgotten all about it. I didn't recall about having the key cut until the morning they told me the truck was found and the coloum was not broken or punched. I looked all over the house here and could not find the Key. So i am thinking that how he got away from the truck.

Totally a dumb bone head move on my part. But it saved me the cost of having to get the colom fixed

Nice to hear Luker! Congrats on getting your stuff back. I have a feeling this guy will be doing some time for this. He is still on probation from a previous Felony 2nd degree burglary conviction in Fridley. Hopefully they can tie him to all the other break ins in your area and everyone can get most of their stuff back.

Originally Posted By: LakeDocktor
Nice to hear Luker! Congrats on getting your stuff back. I have a feeling this guy will be doing some time for this. He is still on probation from a previous Felony 2nd degree burglary conviction in Fridley. Hopefully they can tie him to all the other break ins in your area and everyone can get most of their stuff back.

I have not even heard that yet. How do you know that?

Good news for LNL, Glad to hear the truck is getting back to normal. Also an ataboy for DILLEYO for finding the BIG lead on the tracking of the bug shield, on hsolist.

It takes all kinds to make the world go round. Maybe this person likes it inside with bars around him, and no water or woods. LNL was he the person who stole the truck or just the receiver of the bug shield. Has that been dertermined yet. Grand theft auto, "BOOK EM DANO"

Originally Posted By: LakeDocktor
I did the same thing you did. Reverse phone search, then searched criminal database. That charge was from 9/98 and would have been off probation in September. I hate to post names on here unless someone has been convicted.

Well yeah thats almost right. I told the detective about the post you made, about you knowing of the probation and all.

he thought it was odd you knew as well. cause it turns out the Guy that posted the ad on craigs list was not the person that stole my truck. but that was my Bug deflector.

He also fingered his buddie as the one who stole my Truck. The guy that was fingered actually confessed to stealing it on Saturday.

So even with you doing the reverse directory. the person you did it on was not the person that stole my truck. but the person that actually admitted to stealing the info you stated is correct.

Me personally I think they were both in on it. The two guys are friends. they both have huge criminal records. I think they both were in on it.

Anyone can go to mncriminals dot com and look up coworkers, friends, relatives or whatever. The guy with the bug deflector only came up once on there though. Either way, he was in possession of stolen property which would be a violation of his probation.