• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I need everyones help

Bulldoggr

This morning between 2:30am and 4:00 am my Truck was stolen out of my driveway.

It is a Black chevy Silverado ext cab Short box Z71. One of the things that is unique about the truck is it has a American flag as a Bug deflector on the front.

The ohter thing is the truck has no body molding ing on it. very simular to the look of a SS.

I also have chrome Nerf bars, and a Big tool box in the back. The Tool box has TSC ( tractor supply Center) logo on the box.

The lic. plate is RL 740.

any info please email at [email protected]

IMG_0060.jpg

This second picture is of the same truck before i put the bars on it and the Tool box, but if you will note there is no body molding. and it still has a high shine to the paint like that.

truck001.jpg I really appreciate all the eyes i can get out there. i have full coverage but I really enjoyed this truck and want it back.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luker, hope you don't mind me adding this for everyone- that if anyone does see this truck to call 911 immediately,and then send Luker an email afterwards.Let the cops do their jobs,bring the thief(s) to justice, and get the truck back, hopefully without anyone getting hurt.

Yes, I should have stated that, Please call 911. call even if you forget or can't email me at the time. the police will get ahold og me.

As a side note. I wouldn't mind hurting the Low life scum that stole it. But I guess thats the vengence in me.

I have yet to see another Black silverado like mine with the american flag deflector on it.

I have also not seen another Z71 like mine with out the Body molding. I have only seen it on the SS.

So Please if you see a truck lik eit call the police, they'll check it out.

Would be a great end to this story if the truck was spotted by one of you fellow FMer's and help in the recovery of the Truck.

Good luck, I figure you will get the rig back.

It does suck when things like this happen. I will definitely keep an eye for it. I work in the Elk River area and I am on the go most days.

Luker Im fairly new to the board but Im wondering if you have contacted any of the towing co. in your area this could be just a mis hap on there part, or if someone called it in? just a suggestion, as a place to start. i will keep an eye out and hope you get your truck back.

No problem,Luker. I can sense your pain on this one.Just trying to get folks to think about what to do if they see the truck, without getting in a potentially bad situation.It is hard for a thief to outrun multiple squad cars, and radios.More FM.com eyes looking for it is a good thing, however, no doubt about it.

no it was a theft, the person broke into some of the garages in the complex as well. So we think he used the truck to haul the stuff away that he took from the other Garages.

Foot prints in the snow clearly show someone walked up to the truck, and was moving around by the door, I'm thinking to slim Jim it.

I have both set of keys so they had to punch the cloum to get it started and driveable. probably one of the few time i have not double tapped my Transponder to active the horn alarm.

I know this. The next truck will have onstar in it. Or if i buy something other then a GM. I will make sure there is a GPS tracking device installed

This really Sux.

I live in Big Lake and work in roseville. I drive many mile in almost ever direction, My company delivers throughout the entire metro and sourounding areas. You have more eyes on the road than you could imagine. Let's get these guys!!!!!

Originally Posted By: vitalshot5
I think it would be pretty hard to get this truck started without the key......the antitheft won't let it run without it. with just the cylinder punched it wouldn't run.

Someone working at a dealership can pull the VIN up and make a key. We used to do it at the rental car company I worked at when ppl decided not to return the vehicles they'd rent. GL getting your truck back, Luker. PPL are scumbags these days.

I'm a Service Manager at an auto repair shop and was a tech for 6 yrs, the theft system is fairly easy to by pass because it only needs to see a key not the key that was designed for the cyl, I put quite a few remote starts in Chevy Trucks and the sensor justs sends a signal once it has seen the presence of a key while the cyl is turned, so if the tumblers were damaged its possible. the possiblity of someone having a key is rare because all dealerships need to see a title and two forms of id for any lock cyl that is pre coded or keys that are pre cut. Once again good luck finding your truck Im in St. Cloud I'll keep looking.

Originally Posted By: Wanderer
Ditto on the need for documentation to get a key cut for a vehicle these days.

I'll throw in another pair of eyes from here to the Western burbs. There's not much that I HATE more than theives.

I understand you need a title, documentation, etc to get keys cut. But I hate to tell you this- people working at dealerships themselves can do this for their own thieving pleasure, that was my point. Kind of like the pill popper working at a pharmacy- it happens

LukerNLeever,

Someone else mentioned this earlier, but there is a disconnect between cars getting found and impounded by the police and then the owner being contacted. I'm aware of instances where cars have sat at a towing company or an impound lot for weeks because the owner wasn't contacted. Could be an oversight by someone, a bad phone number on the stolen report, whatever. I suggest that you contact your local law enforcement agency and make sure that the contact info on the state stolen database is correct, and also contact them every few days to see if they've gotten a message about it being recovered someplace else.