• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tips & Tidbits - by Tami & Lisa

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to you Mn fishing women. I tried to send a message to Tami & Lisa but it wouldn't go thru. We are some women from WI trying to find out some info about fishing in Mn. Your signature looked friendly so I was trying to drop you a note. We are headed to Northern Mn in June and wanted some tips on where to go. We will have a 28 foot RV, 3 dogs, a bird, and 2 women with float tubes and numerous rods. Finding a campsite without screaming kids nearby and on the water would be ideal. ( my kid is grown so been there done that) Any suggestions?

WI Fish Women - Barb - welcome to FM !!! And to the very cool Womens forum. cool

Where in northern MN are you headed? And can you get to wherever during the week, that will make a difference with campsite availability. I can give you sopme good ideas, I just need a bit more info.

say lisa, tami its been quite a while since you have given up any of your expert fishing advice. have you run out of advice or...............dont have any more? hehehe! sorry couldnt help myself on this one.

that would be ok by me. they would have to do it real slooowww so i could grasp it. tami somebody has to keep an eye on you two once in a while. hehehe. and as long as they are doing the clinic on avatars include the smiley faces, i cant get them down either and havent made my wife figure it out yet to show me.

Here's how you get smiley's:

1) Click reply to a post. Don't click Quick reply because then the smileys don't show up in that mode.

2)There is a panel of squares above the box you type in. Click on the square that has the yellow smiley face.

3)When the smiley face box opens up, click on the one you want. (when replying to me personally, please DON'T click on the mad face one! Just Kidding!! :/)

5)You're smiley will show up in your post then. You can also Click the Preview Post button below this box to see your smiley with your post to make sure they're showing up too. Here are a list of smileys that are available:

eek EEK! Yikes!

tired tired

sleep sleep

sick sick

cry crying guy

wink wink

grin big grin smile

confused don't understand or confused

smirk smirk

shocked shocked, or "oh no you just didn't post that!"

laugh laughing

crazy crazy

blush blushing, embarrassed

frown sad, frown

smile just a nice smile, happy

cool cool little dude

mad mad

whistle whistling guy

Well, that's my interpretation anyway! whistle

Here's how you post avatars:

1) You need to sign up with a photo hosting site like Flickr or photobucket.

2) Once you chose a picture as your avatar, you can copy that picture to the desktop of your computer. I right click the image and then chose Save Picture As. I click Save in: Desktop.

3) You go into Photobucket and select download pictures. You can browse from there to locate your picture

on your computer. I choose browse desktop and and then I open that picture to download it onto Photo-

bucket. Press download.

4) It should now show up in your album.

5) I chose the direct link option. Click on that address. It is copied then.

6) Then you go back to FM.com and choose My Stuff at the top of the forums.

7) Chose Profile.

8) Scroll down to the bottom of your profile and click the circle that says, URL to your avatar.

9) Right click to paste the address to your new avatar picture.

10) Click submit. You should be good to go!

That's how I do my avatars. Works well for me!