• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tips & Tidbits - by Tami & Lisa

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tip Lisa!! We used to keep a log of what we caught in just a spiral notebook. But after looking at the one online I figure I can design my own using a database program. Then I can either print sheets out or keep the info on computer or both. Although not too much too enter from this winter. At least I had a decent summer of catching some nice walleyes.

That's a great idea. Then you could plug in your own personal important items to remember. It could be more like a blog then. I like mine because then I have a wire bound book that everyone can just pick up and read at any time.

3 - 11 - 08

I'm not religious, but concider myself spiritual, that being said this is one verse I like to observe.

Jesus said " Go fish ... "

Luke 5

He never said anything about, shoveling the driveway, painting, fixing the dripping sink, mowing the yard, or washing the truck.

lisa, what fishin plans are up for this weekend for you guys? i finally get to head up. we are going to fish winnie fri & sat am. thinking about cutfoot and i want to try island south of northome. then around cabin. just curious as to what others might try being the weather will cooperate a bit.

Good mornin north country fishin folks.

I was wondering has anyone tried Big sand lake this winter?

I fished it last year once and did well on nice perch.

Me and a buddy are thinking of heading up that way this weekend hes got a brother that lives near wirt,mn. Also has anyone fished Dora lake it also has nice perch?

I guess i should have posted this in another area maybe the grand rapids area. I'll check to see which is the best area on the list.

Hey thats cool!!! Ya my buddies bro just retired up there he and his wife built a beautiful place on a small lake near wirt.

Ive grouse hunted and duck hunted and fished in the area.

Beautiful country around there.

Some of my friends/sisters laugh at how much time I spend fishing. I've finally found a hobby that I'm decent at, have great fun at AND sometimes get a great dinner! I've also met some really great people out there on the ice/in the boat. What more could you ask for. \:D

This is why it is SUPER IMPORTANT to get kids interested while they're young. I believe if girls especially are shown that it's not "icky" to fish or hunt we'd have a lot less troubled youth running around.

Agreed. I fished a lot with my daughter when she was younger. She went pheasant hunting, duck hunting, and deer hunting with me, too. She didn't enjoy hunting as much as I do, but almost everytime she comes home to visit we go fishing.

When she leaves to go back home, for some mysterious reason, a bunch of venison comes up missing from the freezer. Hmmmmmm.