• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tips & Tidbits - by Tami & Lisa

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Useful gossip? Hmmmmm....today is Jim and my 4th anniversary. That's sorta gossip-y and useful for when you want to send an anniversary card for next year!! smirksmirksmirk

I think we're going to Grandma's for a steak cheese french tonight.

Anniversary Tidbit

Never forget your Wedding Anniversary. It makes your significant other ANGRY. Ok glenn? winkgrin Jim and I only exchange cards and that works for us.

Here's another anniversary tip, don't get married the day after Christmas. He doesn't forget it, but tends to combine gifts.

OOps hit the send button before I wish ya a happy anniversary!!! Party on guys!!!

happy happy happy happy anniversary. smile is jim going to take you out to eat for your anniv.? lutefisk maybe? whistle may you and jim have many more!!! grinsue and i celebrated 18 in april. i dont forget ours she forgets the year. is that telling me something? confused

Loving it, except for the guys upstairs who decided to have a party Tuesday night, first noise I have had to deal with. My cat is still exploring all the nooks and crannies. Sometimes I just can not find her and call for her and come to find out I have shut her in one of the many closets. I have used the hot tub a couple of time and the pool is great. I will not go in the indoor pool because it is way too loud. The best part is having a closet that is just for my fishing stuff. It is deep enough to put my icefishing sled in and still have room for the camping stuff. I guess you could say that I am very happy with the new place.

Hope

I got an excellent tip everyone! Please have a first aid kit in your boat, home, ATV and snowmobile! You never know what could happen and being prepared can save your loved ones or yourself. Here's what's in my 1st aid kit:

Band-aids

Thermal Blanket

1" adhesive tape

Matches

Candles

Soap

Clean cloth

Sm. Plastic Garbage Bag

disposable latex gloves

Antiseptic

Tweezers & Scissors

Safety pins

Flashlight

Triangular bandage for slings

And if you really want to be well equipped, a pocket mask or barrier for rescue breathing

Most of the 1st aid kits that you can buy are pretty well equipped. I supplemented mine with some gauze roller pads and big gauze pads.

Great tip Lisa ( she's already taking care of us - grin )

I would add -

- extra batteries

- and I like to use hockey tape instaed of medical tape

- razor blade, ( never know when a bit of surgery may be needed

also I like to put together my own kits instead of buying them Premade 1st aid kits have alot of stuff you'll never need and never enough of what you will need.

Awesome add-ons for a nice survival kit!

Hockey tape is a good stand-in but I'm not sure how sanitary. But that's just my "Professional Lisa" talking. smirksmile

My store bought 1st Aid kit was actually really not too frivolous, quite small and it was only around $10. The tweezers were worthless! And they didn't have any sling-type material (the triangle shaped material) for sprains or breaks. Another thing that's super easy to pack is strips of old sheets to further help splint stuff up. You guys are gonna want me at EVERY GTG right? smirkwinkgrin I'm not just a ding dong that can't tie a bobber rig (but remember, walleye gals of my caliber just don't bobber fish-it's lindy all the way wink!! J/K)

these tips sound like they are coming from a nurse? ohh thats right lisa is studying to be a nurse. laughlaughwink just giving ya a little grief lisa, thats all. that is a great idea to have that handy. one question, how do you try to keep it dry in a boat,and where would you store it? mine, when i have one always manages to become a real mess. any ideas.