• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 16th

Dave S

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: titelines
Sounds great - I'll be there.

Quick question: Is the parking lot that we're meeting at in Nickerson right off of 23, or do you actually go into town?

Thanks for organizing this again!

titelines,

the lot is right on 23 on the right side of the road. There's a small bar there. At least there used to be in '01. They had it posted a few years back that the lot isn't for ATV parking, so we'll just meet there, and caravan into the trail head. Once we get an accurate head count, we'll know how many to expect before we head to the next parking area. My directions above should be able to get anyone there in case we've left by the time they get to Nickerson.

LEP7MM...Was wondering how much extra gas should one carry with on the ride? I have an 2006 polaris 500 efi, with very little miles so I have no idea how many miles it will go on a tank.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Extra gas would be a good idea. IMHO, the fuel available there isn't the greatest. 2 extra gallons would suffice.

I would also suggest bringing a lunch or something to snack on and a "non-alcoholic" beverage. I usually eat like a bird on the trails and feast when I have time to sit down so I pack light.

Nemadji is about 1 1/2 hours from the 35W/694 intersection. So it's not too bad.

Where in the Cities are you Sandmannd?

Being where we are parking. I would bring extra gas in a can, unless we plan on a trip in to the gas station.

At least there is gas station there though instead of the barrel that was used in the past up there.

Originally Posted By: Augusta
Looks like I will have to miss this ride as well. Our Atv club is having a club ride that day. I would still love to see a summer ride if anyone is up to it.

Where's the club ride? Are you sure you don't want to join us? grin.gif

Our club rides once a month, Jan thru Oct. Every Feb. several club members get together and either go to Missouri or Arkansas to ride for a week.

A number of us will be at the ATV parade in Silver Bay on June 14th. Maybe we could have an FM ride/get together.