• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 16th

Dave S

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Roofer
 Originally Posted By: 4wanderingeyes
The Trails I goto in Wisconsin close in the spring, until Memorial day weekend. That weekend gets pretty busy on the trails, So I was thinking of going the weekend after Memorial weekend to Wisconsin to trail ride. If that works with other?

You're right, it's a little early to plan yet, but I am really thinking about it. Seeing if the wife can get that Sat. off. It would be fun to have a night ride.

Anyone know why I can't send PM's??????

You have an email address 4wanderingeyes?

Roofer, I can't PM either

Originally Posted By: killerloop1
And I imagine the 48" rule IS enforced????

Doubt it. 4wanderingeyes will know. Somethingfishy will see what it's like in a couple weeks when he gets back from the ride in WI.

I may be in, if all don't mind a women with a 700 King Quad joining ya.

I was thinking of fishing Mille Lacs that weekend, but the way the bite is going, wheeling sounds a hole lot more fun. grin.gif

I have chains on all 4 wheels. I assume it would be a good idea to take atleast 2 off if not all 4?

I don't think it matters who you are or what you drive. All are welcome as far as I'm concerned.

My wife is probably the slowest rider ever and she came with once. I don't think anyone minded.

Come to think of it, most of the rides I have been on included at least one female.

Me and my wife will be in for the ride on March 8th. As for some of your Wisconsin questions, laws that get enforced everytime are loud exhaust, no Wisconsin trail pass stickers, snorkels, children without helmets, and side by side ohvs. As for the rest of the laws as long as you dont stick out like a sore thumb you should be alright. The 48 inch rule, the 14in rule and the psi rule, I have never seen enforced, I have riden with alot of people with over sized tires on the trail past dnr and they never even turned their head to us.

If you guys want we can make plans for the weekend after Memorial day on Saturday. Their is a couple camp grounds we ride by on atvs if people want to camp afterwards.

Roofer my email is [email protected]

Originally Posted By: reelemin

I have chains on all 4 wheels. I assume it would be a good idea to take atleast 2 off if not all 4?

You're more than welcome to join us. titelines had chains on the back of his X2, so that owuld be your choice. If you have aftermarket tires, you might not need the chains. Stock tires I would recommend them on the back tires. Unless of course all of the snow melts by then. I hope not.

Originally Posted By: SomethingFishy
Make the date Saturday March 15th and I can attend. grin.gif Sunday March 2nd would also be a good day for me. If not I will catch the next ride.

I'm doing turkey hunter ed clinics on March 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Not sure what I have going on the weekend of the 1st-2nd. The boss just told me that I have the 8th free.

Originally Posted By: Bjjams
I'm in. LEP you won't have to be the only honda.

Now this will be cool. I might try to talk my brother-in-law into coming along as well. He has a 350 Rancher. So we'd maybe have a SRA machine along too grin.gif

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
 Originally Posted By: reelemin

You're more than welcome to join us. titelines had chains on the back of his X2, so that owuld be your choice. If you have aftermarket tires, you might not need the chains. Stock tires I would recommend them on the back tires. Unless of course all of the snow melts by then. I hope not.

Still have stock tires, hope to change that soon. The one thing that Susuki did poorly was their tire selection. The stock tires are aweful.

So I'd probably be keeping the chains on the back.

I know what you mean. Honda is the same way. I'd actually consider them inner tubes before tires. I think they go cheap on tires for 2 reasons. 1) to keep the weight down so they can meet the 600 lbs limit and 2) because most people upgrade to after market tires anyhow.

Just thought I'd chime in.

I had chains on the rear tires, but that was because I plowed our road out the night before and didn't have the energy to take them off afterwards. I got done at about 12:30 and was up at 5:30 the next morning to get to the ride, and I just didn't have the motivation to deflate the tires, inflate them again etc.

It's your choice, but I would've taken mine off given enough time/energy.