• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 16th

Dave S

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me about it Scott. It seems like yesterday that we were a couple snot nosed punks who were up to no good in this town.

I don't know about you, but I sure had fun yesterday :D.

Thanks Augusta \:\)

I had a blast! Being a kid back then was so much fun, you actually had to go out and find things to amuse you, instead of bothering your parents every ten minutes with " Im bored", I need a new video game. Dirt bikes, atv's,hunting, fishing, snowmobiles, a beer or two! How can you top those days!

It was fun, but I am able to have more fun now because I can buy my own things. Some guys can't because they are into too many things and can't do a darn one better than half-a$$ed. I wished for an atv for years as a kid. Never got one till I bought it myself. Parent's just didn't have the money. I think it makes me appreciate things more now that I can go when I want.

It is starting to look like I may be able to attend on saturday, just waiting to hear from a buddy if he can go, hate to drive all the way there by myself. On the plus side I traded my suv for a truck, may have to see if it will fit to avoid dragging the trailer.

The question would be Tracks or Tires ? If my buddy comes it would definetly be tracks as he has them on as well.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
Big Dave,

I picked up my dads trailer today and there's no way that 2 machines will fit in there.

Shoot me an e-mail @ [email protected]

I am still trying to see if I can even go. My wife may have to work that day and if so I would have to stay home with our son. Hopefully I will know by tonight. If I do go, I have a trailer that will hold 2 machines. I'll try and let you know soon.

Tracks wouldn't be needed anyhow. Max snow depth would be 12", with 8 of that solid pack, and that's off the trail. I'm sure the trails are packed down.

If not, I have a winch, I thought 4wanderingeyes had one on the griz, and Fishy has one on the Sportsman, right? Not too worried about it on the trails.

Although when we went on April 1st in 2001, the trails had to be broken open, if I remember right. That was when the trails were closed in winter though.

I'm sure we will be using 4wd though to get any speed, so I would suggest bringing fuel if we go very far.

Firemedic had posted the laws regarding tracks on an ATV. With the tracks on, you're no longer considered an ATV, but an OHV.

ATV's are defined as having flotation tires. But you're welcome to join us either way Fishy.

So far it's looking like:

Myself

Roofer

4Wanderingeyes

Somethingfishy

titelines

Dozer

maybe Big Dave

maybe Macgyver55

The DNR site was updated yesterday with:

Forest is open. Off-highway vehicles may travel on designated routes that are signed open; watch for signs. Logging access routes are closed. USE CAUTION DUE TO LOGGING ACTIVITY ON THE MUNGER TRAIL BEGINNING AT PARK FOREST ROAD AND EXTENDING 2 MILES NORTH; ALONG PARK FOREST AND ERICKSON ROADS; AND ON THE MOOSE JUNCTION TRAIL.

Big Dave and 4wanderingeyes won't be able to make it, so there might only be a few of us.

be sure to dress for the weather TL. We'll be in the "Lake Effect" area and things might be a little cooler than what the metro has posted for a forecast. I'm guessing that if we stick within the Nemadji area and not head down to the St Croix, a tank of gas should suffice, but I'll leave that up to you.

I might take my basket racks off this afternoon so I'm a little more aerodynamic tomorrow grin.gifgrin.gif.

Pulled the tracks off this morning. confused.gif Put the factory tires on. Weird feeling, never drove this machine with tires. Should be a blast.

I'll be coming from St.Cloud by myself. If there are any other locals that would like to join in let me know asap, as I can bring a trailer if needed to shave some costs for all involved, could carry 1 in the truck and 2 on the trailer.

I figure I will need to be on the road by 6:30-7 at the latest.