• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 16th

Dave S

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Roofer
To tell you the truth, I didn't even notice them until you said you had them.

Thats what I kinda hope for! If you put something on the front rack nobody ever notices them. They used to be a foot taller but decided I should stop pushing my luck and make them shorter. There are 4 pieces of pipe in my box on the back that can be put in to extend them back up if it gets too deep! \:D

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
dang guys we almost need a chat session in here with posts only 30 seconds apart. grin.gif

Well, I haven't worked yet this week...She works till 9 and now shopping. The Wild lost......I'm bored.....:D

I was hoping you would forget about that! blush.gif I was expecting the trailer to be slipery like it was in the morning so I gave her a little snoose to make sure I hit that board and get the trailer to tilt down. Needless to say the trailer wasnt slippery with the high temps that day and I went right off the front to the trailer! \:o Thank good I got her shut down before that tailgate! Had a buddy do the same thing with a sled but his skis landed on the lowered tailgate! eek.gif

Originally Posted By: WingNut
Would be interested in tagging along on the 8th if you guys don't mind a newbie. If anyone wants to ride share from St.cloud area,let me know as I have a atv trailer with extra room.

I'd be willing to carpool with you. That'd be great. You can email me at bjjams @ hotmail (dt) com

For a possible March 8th ride, we could ride the same trails that we did last weekend in Nemadji. We could either meet at the River Inn at 9 a.m. or park at one of the trail heads in the forest. I'm not sure the owners of the River Inn liked the thought of the extra vehicles, hence the reason we were parked in.

With that in mind, I say we work our way into one of the parking areas. Directions there will come at a later time.

Originally Posted By: reelemin
 Originally Posted By: titelines
I'd be up for the ride on the 8th. Where's the meeting place? What time? Where can I get a WI trail pass?

diddo that, and a trail map?

I think many of the gas stations can sell the trail passes in WI. They probably carry trail maps as well.

ok, here it is:

Again the same as last time, barring any changes on the DNR HSOforum, or weather related issues, we will plan on the following:

This time around we will meet in Nickerson at 9 a.m. There is a parking lot on the right side of the road that we will gather at prior to heading to the trail head. This way, everyone will have a chance to find their way in without getting lost.

If anyone shows up after we've left, here's how we're getting there:

From I-35, take the HWY 23 "EAST" exit, also known as the Finlayson/Askov exit which is 3 miles north of Sandstone. There is a cafe/gas station at this intersection known as Banning Junction.

Follow HWY 23 east to Nickerson. Just outside of Nickerson, there will be a road that quarters back to your right. According to the 2 maps that I have, it's either County road 155 or County Road 8. I am guessing it's going to be "155".

CR 155 will come to a "T" at County Road 146 and take a left and go to Net Lake Forest Road.

Go about 3 miles on Net Lake Forest Road to the parking area which will be on your left.

Just a note:

There is a parking area about half way in that is called the Gafvert camping and day use area that also has a parking area. But after discussing this with Roofer, we feel it's best we avoid this parking area due to the groups who use it for "non-motorized" trail access.