• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ride on the 16th

Dave S

Originally Posted By: Kodiak
i'll be in iowa hunting coyotes and riding timber.

be safe and have fun!

Good luck on the 'Yote hunt Kodiak. I'll be going out the weekend after our next full moon around home.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bring at least something to eat and drink. The trails get out there a ways and it takes a little while to head all the way back. It will depend on how cold it actually is, I suppose.

Who else?????

I wouldn't mind going but you said no Hondas ;\)

But I've only put 700 miles on my sled this year so if its below freezing I gotta get some use out of that. If its gonna be warm I'll see if I can talk my neighbor into going.

Originally Posted By: Roofer
Ha, If I had a dollar every time I ripped on a Honda................I could probably buy one!

Ya, that may be, but , if I had another Honda for every time my trusty Foreman had to pull a broken down \:\/(insert other brand here) ......well..... I'd have a fleet!

I better leave it at that \:\/ .... Dave (the moderator) would probably ban me if I tell the story about my first ride with him. eek.gif

I think the way he would remember it, is that he was pushing me with a stiff rope!

Originally Posted By: Macgyver55
Ha, If I had a dollar every time I ripped on a Honda................I could probably buy one!

Ya, that may be, but , if I had another Honda for every time my trusty Foreman had to pull a broken down \:\/(insert other brand here) ......well..... I'd have a fleet!

I better leave it at that \:\/ .... Dave (the moderator) would probably ban me if I tell the story about my first ride with him. eek.gif

I think the way he would remember it, is that he was pushing me with a stiff rope!

You would have one more? That's the story you always post! LOL nudge nudge

So he had an old broken down Polaris..... \:\( wooptie woop

Ever pulled out a car? I have a story about that.. grin.gif

Ever pulled out a car? I have a story about that.. grin.gif

Actually yes...well no, it wasnt a car, it was Ford pickups, 2 times, one in sand and one in a water hole. The first was in sand and had broken his front driveshaft from wheel-hopping it. Admittedly it took two of us but they were both Hondas. I had to hook him low to give me more traction but in doing so my front end kept climbing. My buddy hooked on to me and kept me from going too high. We were able to get him out with a combination of pulling and some winching.

The other was in water deep enough that his cab was 1/2 full.

A beaver had made a mess and this guy was in a dip on a dirt road that was about 3 feet deep with water. I pulled him out of the water and onto dry road but he definitely had some bigger problems than getting out of the water hole.

Or how about the time I had to pull my cousins Dodge van (with boat attached) up the hill at the boat landing? Or the time when.......

Thanks for bringing back a bunch of old memories Roofer!

Everyone has stories. Now you have to "Bring It On!"

J/K

Makes you wonder how some people get along without an atv at all. I have always owned an atv ever since I got my first 230 quadrunner in 1991. Never regretted spending the money on them either.

It sounds like the temps are supposed to warm into the mid 20's by Wednesday, but tank again by the weekend.

This is Minnesota, so who knows, it could be 50 degrees by next weekend.

Everyone has stories. Now you have to "Bring It On!"

J/K

Makes you wonder how some people get along without an atv at all. I have always owned an atv ever since I got my first 230 quadrunner in 1991. Never regretted spending the money on them either.

Not sure if I'll get my chance at this or not Roofer. You don't ride aggressive enough to break anything. But who am I to talk. I prefer the hard-pack twisty trails more than the thick, axle-breaking, piston siezing gumbo.

as of 10 a.m. today, the forecast for next Saturday is:

Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of light snow. Highs 20 to 25.

If this forecast doesn't change, it will be a great day for a ride.

Originally Posted By: LEP7MM
as of 10 a.m. today, the forecast for next Saturday is:

Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of light snow. Highs 20 to 25.

If this forecast doesn't change, it will be a great day for a ride.

I saw the same forecast as above but in the sunday paper Paul DouglASS said it was going to be 15 for a high and noticeably colder.

I have heard two different forcasts as well, same as above and one that said it will be cooling off again for the weekend!

If we are going I need to get a couple tires on my trailer before then.

So far all of the local Twin City stations are forecasting high's between 20-29 for the metro area.

Barring any changes in the DNR site, it looks like we're a go Saturday.

Be sure to check back Friday evening for the final word.

DS