• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best Bow Shops in Minnesota

Gforce

I would like to hear where the best bow shops are in Minnesota because i am looking at getting a used bow to set up for bowfishing. West Central Minnesota or even the eastern dakotas would be the closest to me. I heard there might be one in alexandria or watertown sd. Any shop that i would be able to find a quality bow for bowfishing would be nice. If they have the supplies and know how to help set it up would be better. Thanks

Oak Ridge Archery in Kasota (just north of Mankato) Carries Bowtech bows and all kinds of archery/hunting items. Great shop!

( Note from Admin, Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.)

If you guys are up in the Grand Rapids area, stop by my dad's place, Itasca Archery Supply. He's also got a HSOforum under the same name. He's been in the business for 30+ years. There's also an outdoor range and outdoor 28 target 3d range.

Brian

hey guys i live in eden prairie which are the closest stores. and do any of these take trade ins. my wife said if i can trade in my gun straight up for a bow or trade in she would cover the difference for fathers day. i dont know much about let off, and weight, or anything to that matter. I would like a place that would be willing to help yet not try to push their products in my face and try to sell me something i dont need.

USPENAMC,

Definitely check out Cabin Fever in Victoria. Not a real long drive for you and they have a very knowledgeable staff. They sell used bows so I know they take trades. I would guess they take used guns for trade as well.

Good luck,

WG

Quote:

For those of you in the st cloud area, do you prefer Mike's or Archery Country. I plan on going to both on saturday in the search for a new bow.

I've had better luck at Archery Country in St. Cloud. Haven't been to Mike's new store yet however.

I like Mikes Archery. I bought my last bow from them. I haven't been to the new shop yet. I've heard its really nice though.

No complaints with Archery Country either.

Its great having 2 Archery shops in town, not to mention Gander, Sprtsman whse, and Scheels. I've also seen signs for an archery shop/shooting range south of Avon. Has anyone been out there?

Nels

I went to archery country and Mikes this past weekend, and i liked mikes better. Archery had more bows, but mikes had better service, nice range. I walked into gander looking for something else, and i saw that they did not have many bows, so i kept walking to find what i was looking for. I will have to check out scheels and sportsman's before i decide what i want. Two of the bows i like the most were the new mathews and the new Hoyt (dranelin and vectorix, respectively).

The archery shop at Scheel's in St. Cloud and the manager there in particular has always treated me right and helped me volumes since I started bowhunting 3 years ago. He really knows his stuff and doesn't try to sell me on more than I need.