• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes of 2007

I have downriggers but only use them as a last resort. I will occasionally downrig when I have 3 or 4 in the boat, but I'm usually longlining big deep diving cranks around structure. The boys have been getting them pretty good in the basin with leadcore and downrigging also. Live bait on the rocks has been producing well too.

later,

toddb

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07012.jpg

"We're looking for fish pictures in good taste that encourage selective harvest principles so the dead fish rule is as follows: Fish pictures must be in the natural environment where the fish is caught that do not look frozen, stiff, bloodied or look like they were just poured out of a bucket, no alcohol beverage containers or cigarettes and no stringer or fish in a bucket pics. Fish Mount and live release tournament pictures are ok as well. All other dead fish pictures are not allowed.

Friday evening after some Crappie/Sunfish action I threw out some Berkley Frenzy's with some leadcore line and Cole caught this Walleye...

Augustfishpics007-2.jpg

This fish was caught on the Perch colored deep diver and 3.5 colors of leadcore trolled at 2.2 mph.

Good fishing,

Corey Bechtold

Hello Everyone!

As you can see, I will be a "first timer" to Leech Lake this weekend. My neighbor and I are staying at Grand Vu lodge on Pointe and I need some pointers...so to speak. Looks like the weather is going to be ideal as well(full moon next Wednesday!) I have read that the eyes have it right now and are doing well. It seems that where we are staying is a good bet for some nice fish. Can any Veteran of Leech give me some advice on night fishing Leech? Shallow weeds, dropoffs etc? I appreciate any and all help as I more excited about this coming week than anyone can imagine! I have worked for this opportunity for a long time and would like to make it a memorable one!

Thanks,

TC