• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes of 2007

Quote:

You forgot to insult the Moderator title too.

I viewed TO comment as a friendly reminder/tip he wasn't jumping on anyone.

If I had stated my reply as Team Otter, would it have made a difference?

"Nice lookin' fish but easy on the vertical holds." confused.gif

No insult intended to anyone- just stating my opinion. I may not have taken it the same way though if there was no smart alecky confused confused.gif emoticon after the comment.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that it was simply a friendly reminder, not a harsh criticism. If any of you know TO, you'd know that he rarely comes down hard on anyone. I've really yet to see it myself.

As for the vertical hold on a fish, I've seen the Lindners, Stange, Csanda, Winkleman and all the other TV personalities along with tournament fisherman do vertical holds. As long as care is taken, the vertical hold is a fine way to get a pic.

Quote:

why is it team otter i always see you making snide little remarks? one thing to have an opinion but keep the attack remarks to yourself. see that little thing i wrote about "guides" thats to prove my point. tell the guy nice fish and good job. end of story.

There is a time and place for comments like that and FM is not one of them. Please relax. I was merely trying to point out that I thought the gill plate was a little stretched on the second photo. Indeed, the fish are beautiful and photos of fish like that should be taken. I wll be sure to explain myself better next time.

Otter,

No apology necessary. Sorry we both had to be a part of the rucous. wink.gif The reason why I got somewhat stirred up is I posted these photos on the LOTW thread and this one, and the first reply on each post was each negative (IMO). Every fishing HSOforum forum (that I frequent) seems to be this way to a certain extent, whether it be release techniques, holds, size judgement, etc. I know that there are alot of people who aren't so judgemental but there are also alot of people out there that just like to argue(me included). They also don't like criticism (me included). BTW nice fish on opener, and from the look of them, they will be swimming around healthy, just like the ones I released on LOTW, ready to bite again for some other lucky angler.

later,

toddb

Quote:

My cousin called the DNR about these growths and was told that they were a cold water virus and that when the water warms up they will go away.

That is exactly what I was told by the DNR when I was watching them strip the walleyes this spring. There were a lot of them in the nets that had them. It looked like something out of a science-fiction movie.

CA

I have caught many walleyes with those marks and they come from cold water......but I am not to sure that they disapper in the summer????? could be that they do but I am not to sure.... I know I have caught them through the ice on both Red and Mille Lacs and pretty sure I caught a few on open water on Mille Lacs......makes the fish look grusome but I guess they don't harm you at all......

Right on Todd. I'm glad we got back on the same page as soon as possible. One thing that's tough is to get everyone on the same page right from the start. I can promise you, that in most cases, I'm a jokester and just trying to have "more fun".

Again, nice fish and thanks for the compliment on our fish as well. I will say I do like the vertical hold for photos, as long as it's done quickly.

Quote:

Here are two from the opener on LOTW

DSC00085full.jpg

28.5" Fish on a trolled #7 shad rap

DSC00088full.jpg

a 29.75" fish also on a trolled shad rap.

Hopefully I haven't used up all my luck on the first trip of the year.

later,

toddb

We went up to LOTW for the opener and did well. Maybe we fished the same area? Fourmile bay??

captshorelunch,

We fished out of Warroad, talked to a couple others who did well there also. Looks like the whole lake was pretty good on opener. Heard of a couple 31" fish, and Old Guide said he got a 56" sturgeon. shocked.gif

later,

toddb

I too got a 27" Walleye on opener. The best fishing we had was on Rainey River on 4/11/07 and 4/12/07. We caught 25 Walleyes from 29" and up to 31". That was the best trip on Rainey that I've ever had. Bruce Mosher