• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold everything!!! Don't rent "Bait Shop"! I thought this might be a good movie because it is about fishing but it wasn't. There is only one real funny part and it only lasted one second. I will let you know if you want to save a few dollars. The part is during the tournament when all the Pro's are catching Bass they cut to Bill Engvall standing in his small boat when he pulls in what looks like a large snake. He says "Nope" and drops his rod into the water. That's about it.

Honestly, what did it really take to come up with this movie. One really fake rubber Bass, some Beer, a washed up Country music singer, two old fishing rods, my dad's old tackle box and a couple chicks in swimsuits. crazy

Better luck next rent,

Corey Bechtold

I have been in the real baitshop that it was filmed in, and I didn't know that till after I was there!

Don't worry, he did watch the classic coverage with me. I kept him up for it, or maybe he kept me up for it. He loves fishing shows.

The Berkley commercial "Official Providers of Woo" is his favorite commercial. He looks at me and says "Alright" then he whispers "I mean woo."

Watched the movie Miracle at St Anna, I thought it was a very good movie with a good story line, war movie.

Also got in Pride and Glory another good one and the ending was something else.

If anyone wants to rent a good movie I'd recommend "The Wrestler". I thought my wife would fall asleep while I watched it but she stayed awake. It isn't the best movie ever but definitely worth renting. By the way, Marisa Tomei was great in this movie! blush

Good renting,

Corey Bechtold

Saw "Gran Torino" yesterday. It was pretty darn good. I might have to read the book. Life, death, culture, religion...lots of interesting themes and some good humor. Great job directing and acting by Eastwood.

I meant to rent death race, but my wife picked up death racers accidently. Wow. Hands down the worst movie i've ever seen. This may sound weird, but I recommend seeing it just to see how bad a movie can really get. I didn't stop laughing through the entire movie cuz it was just that terrible. Ended up getting death race the next night and thought it was ok.

Watched Push and Knowing a couple nights ago. Both were ok, I thought Knowing was great til the ending. It was one of those endings you could see coming the entire way through the movie and you were hoping you were wrong. I agree with sandman, push was pretty much a cheap knockoff of jumper. It was pretty weird to hear the "s" bomb come out of dakota fanning a couple of times!

Saw Knowing was pretty good even with the religious overtures. Did a prety good job blending the religious overtures into mainstreaming.

Push I thought was prety bad, I kept being reminded of that dumb Hero's show on T.V.

I'll second the vote for "I Love You, Man" Great movie! Also saw Watchmen, not real impressed but decent.

Yesterday, I didn't rent 'em, I saw 'em in the theater, but saw the two best movies I've seen in a WHILE. My wife and I spent a full evening at the movies and saw GI Joe and then the opening for District 9. If you like to watch a lot of stuff blow up, I definitely recommend GI Joe. District 9 was the most different, interesting movie I've seen in some time. I definitely think it's a love it/hate it movie, and I loved it. If you like Sci Fi you should like it, probably the best CG ever