• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Dan In Real Life this weekend. Thought it was going to be a funny movie and it wasn't. It wasn't a bad movie, just what I wasn't expecting and Steve Carral does do some funny things in there, him dancin in the bar was the best.

Watched I am Legend, thought it was alright lots of action about 1/2 way throught the movie. Also started watching Walk Hard the Dewey Cox Story, dont waste you time and money I shut it off after 45 minutes it was so dumb.

Exactly? What was the movie about, I mean really? One would think from the movie that there is no law enforcement in Texas?

These dudes are blasting each other up in the middle of town and you don't see a cop, or hear a siren? There are blood trails going from pillar to post and dead guys tither and yon and not an enforcement vehicle in sight except for old Tommy Lee and his side kick Festus showing up pretty much after the fact.

The guy with the cattle killer pretty much has the run of everything, moves like the mummy and just like the mummy, gets everybody? Yes indeed, an odd movie for sure!

My wife rented a few movies lately but only watched one that she thought was good. It was "Good Luck Chuck". She usually doesn't like stupid humor movies but thought this movie was really funny. I came home and she had to show me one good scene. I laughed my arse off and told her to keep it for one more night so I could watch it. She returned the wrong one so I haven't had the chance to rent it because it is always rented at the Red Box.

I'll hopefully see it soon and enjoy the rest of the movie.

Good renting,

Corey Bechtold

"There Will Be Blood". Very interesting movie about the oil business in the early 1900's. Daniel Day Lewis deserved the oscar he got for that one. Good acting. I still liked "Into the Wild" better though.

other weekend watched Gone Baby Gone, very good movie from start to finsh and the ending is something else your just sitting there saying wow never would of thought it would end like this. Also the movie Juno I dont know how they could say one of the funniest commedies of the summer, very slow and boring.

I think next week Rambo comes out, did anyone see that in the theater?? If so how was it?

Watched 'Rambo' the other night...got some realistic special effects, but I don't think it's gonna win any awards thats for sure!

Old John Rambo is lookin pretty good....he was bookin through the jungle so fast for so long, he would make Jason Bourne look like a sissy running on the flat pavement! He never even broke a sweat and killed about 637 dudes with a little atom bomb or something? Not bad for a vato that is over 60 years old!

It's alright to watch, but to many little plots that go nowhere and just kind of peter out...old John boy Rambo still has the eye with the .50 cal., he never misses, never even kicks up dirt between his targets, a direct hit every time and the barrel doesn't get hot, smoke, or raise any steam....I like Rambo...he can get er done! shocked

Watched "Cleaner" with Samuel L. Jackson and Eva Mendez the other night and thought it was alright. Also watched "Sleuth" with Jude Law and thought it was horrible. I suggest anyone not to watch it!!

I liked Rambo lots of action but some unrealistic parts and I think Sly is getting too old for these types of movies but the guy is still in shape.

Couple movies I watched over the weekend while at the cabin and don't waste your time and money. 1st one was Meet the Spatans, only 1 or 2 funny parts but other than that is was very dumb and only 1hr 7 minutes long very short. The 2nd one was Semi-Pro I watched the 1st 1/2 hour and had to shut it off could not get into it and it has to be one of Wil Ferrells's worst movies ever.

I don't know if this one has been mentioned or not yet, but The Kingdom with Jamie Foxx, Chris Cooper, and Jennifer Garner. This is a great movie to watch, action from beginning to end and the story is excellent! A+

There will be blood was pretty good. Quite a character, hard to imagine anyone could be so callous but I guess that's why Lewis got the best actor.

Golden Compass and Strange Wilderness were dumb, dumb, dumb. Maybe I should have seen G.C. on the big screen, because it didn't do it for me and the plot is wholly unresolved without a sequel (I know, wait for it).

I watched "Into The Wild" on sunday after chasing the kids baseball teams around all weekend. Awesome movie usually I pop a movie in on sunday afternoons to get in a knap not the case in this movie. Great

I actually really liked rambo. You have to go into it with a different mindset as you know it's not gonna be realistic. A good movie for lots of explosions and blood. I thought sly did pretty good in this one, being that he's getting up there in years.

Saw The Cleaner a few nights ago, was actually kinda impressed. I especially liked any scenes with Eva Mendez. laugh

Alvin and the Chipmunks was a good one for the kiddos.

Stay away from Don't Mess with the Zohan, went into with high expectations as I love Adam Sandler, but was very disappointed. A couple good parts but not worth the $18 in the theatre.