• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Movie rental reviews...

Corey Bechtold

Great reviews everyone!

I rented "Beowolf" last night and was somewhat supprised. It started off leaving one guessing. As the movie got going a lot of things started to make sense. A cool storyline with interesting characters. Although some of the characters and animation reminded me of "Shrek" some of the work was amazing. If the computer casts of Angelina Jolie are accurate then I know why Brad Pitt left Jennifer Aniston. whistle

All in all I'd recommend this movie.

Good renting,

Corey Bechtold

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night watched What Happens in Vegas. I have to admit this is one of the funniest movies i have seen this year! A great cast, great acting and non stop funny scenes. I would recommend all to see this movie. The story line is a very good one, both Diaz and Ashton Kutcher do a very good job in this. I could not think of a better couple to play the parts. And let me say Diaz is smokin hot in it also.

Just watched "21" starring Kevin Spacey last night. VERY good movie!

Makes me wish I was back at MIT and Harvard

laugh

Just watched that last night as well. It's been awhile since I read the book so I can't recall how closely it followed it, but other than the fact that it was updated to be "current", I liked it.

Hold everything!!! Don't rent "Bait Shop"! I thought this might be a good movie because it is about fishing but it wasn't. There is only one real funny part and it only lasted one second. I will let you know if you want to save a few dollars. The part is during the tournament when all the Pro's are catching Bass they cut to Bill Engvall standing in his small boat when he pulls in what looks like a large snake. He says "Nope" and drops his rod into the water. That's about it.

Honestly, what did it really take to come up with this movie. One really fake rubber Bass, some Beer, a washed up Country music singer, two old fishing rods, my dad's old tackle box and a couple chicks in swimsuits. crazy

Better luck next rent,

Corey Bechtold

Got 2 movies in this weekend, 1st one was The Love Guru with Mike Myers, overall it was pretty good some funny parts but at the same time dumb parts in there also. It was almost like watching an Austin Powers movie with that kind of humor, and again Jessica Alba is a hottie in this movie.

2nd one I watched was baby Mama, hilarious from start to end lots and lots of funny parts. Tina Fay is another hottie in this one she looks great. Guys- Your wives would like this movie and you would to.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but... I don't agree with mnwild about "Baby Mama". It did have some funny parts but wasn't hilarious. It is worth watching but I was supprised that my wife didn't laugh out loud once. One thing I that Hollywood hasn't figured out is once a baby is born they aren't 3 months with their eye's, alert and full of smooth/shiny hair. Maybe they should have used a rubber baby like how "Bait Shop" used the fake Bass.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Got 2 in this weekend, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, frikin hilarious this is one I would just spend the money and buy it instead of renting. The other one was The Strangers, please dont waste you money on this one. The movie is based on true events but overall I thought it was Ok but wouldnt see it again.

We rented "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" a while ago. We saw the unrated version which had some different scenes than what was on the previews. Although it was funny for the most part it was also a bit slow. One of the best parts of the movie might be missed. It went by, I caught it and laughed, rewound it and watched it again and totally laughed my arse off. It was the part where he was playing the piano starting to cry. He was playing "The Muppet Show" opening. Simply hilarious!!!

Good rent overall. laugh

Happy renting,

Corey Bechtold

Everybody hyped up "Sarah Marshall" for me...it was pretty good. Maybe I need to watch it one more time to be over the top in love with it. Plenty of funny lines, but lots of cursing too.

Also saw Baby Mama. My wife liked it a heck of a lot more than me. I wouldn't recommend it.

We rented "Get Smart" the other night and thought it was a little lame. Not as funny as the previews but maybe worth the $1 from Redbox.

I watched "What Happens in Vegas" and "Superbad" again and laughed my tail off! I may have to just buy those 2 for Christmas.

Good luck,

Corey Bechtold

Other day watched Step Brothers, I thought it was funny you have to like that kind of humor. Also The Longshots based on a true story about a girl playing QB very good and yesterday was The Dark Knight, gotta love it lots of action and you need surround sound watching this one.