• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail cam pics 2006

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Someone has to tell that dude, them things aint for wipeing with.. outch, that has to itch!

More like hurt.Any lower the does might run.He must be bedding in an area i know i wont go into so he"s safe.

Back in the early 70's my brother sent me in an old farm yard to shag out the birds.When i came out my hair/Clothes looked like that tail i had to get a hair cut.(Wish i had all that hair today)

The gal at the hair salon asked who my brother was so she made sure not to ever go on a date with him.

Great pics

I finally scanned some pics. They're from around opener and I have pics of 14 different bucks checking the same scrape/licking branch. So far these are the only shooters I've had on the camera but lots of other gorgeous bucks around 130 class.

mattbuck10pthz7.jpg

mattbuck8ptna2.jpg

Matt, great pics! That one with the velvet coming off is awesome! For an 8, he sure looks like he has good mass...

How have you been doing in the city hunt? I've taken 2 small does. Early season was slow, but now that things have really heated up, I cant seem to get any free time to hunt frown.gif Saw 18 deer last saturday and managed to get one in close enough to shoot. That is the only day I have been able to hunt in the last week, now it looks like I will be tied up til almost the 28th... On the bright side I did see one big shooter near my stand on saturday, but unfortunately, he was walking through as we were coming in. Oh well! Which Zone are you in? We are in 6.

I'm in 10B. I've shot three does so far and saw just under thirty deer tonight. Would ya believe I never had a clear shot at any of them? 16 came behind me at 60 yards and downwind...they never knew I was there. Passed up 4 bucks so far but seen many others beyond range or in brush with no chance of shot anyways. I'm holding out for the 'crown of thorns' buck that was seen a few times last year. He might be 200" plus. November is almost here...feels like it right now though.

The pictures are fantastic but being that I have never used a camera yet, I have a question. Does the night pictures spook the deer with the flash? My gut would tell me that some deer would clear out of the area if that would happen to them? Can you shut off the flash and only get daytime pictures? Thanks for the info.

I use a Primos Silent Image camera... no flash. Infra-red photography. Some deer are just a foot away and don't realize they are having their pictures taken. This camera is awesome. It not only let's you know what deer are using your area, but with it's near video capability, I can pattern which way they are coming from and going to. Plus I usually end up with 6-10 shots of each buck as they are coming through. Let's you really determine the size of the animal from many angles. I have between 1500 and 3000 images per week on the camera. Battery life is unbelievable!

Good Luck!

Ken

Matt, hadnt heard about that deer. Sound s like it could be a real brute eh? It is amazing what you see in this hunt, the sheer numbers are amazing. The beginning of the year was slow in our zone, but activity has really picked up lately. Unfortunately I have only been out twice in the last 2 weeks. Work, sickness, and kids schedules getting in the way. I did see one nice buck, not close enough to shoot, but he was a definite shooter, 160 ish I would guess. Hopefully things will heat up big time in the next week or so. I have 2 weeks off starting saturday, so I am pretty pumped. Good luck, and I hope ya tag that big guy!

Cubbeback trail Camera = $300

Scent dripper = $20

catching the beaver who

stole the tree with your

sent dripper attached =priceless

Misc208.jpg

Thought others may get a kick out of this, to my suprize opening morning, where my scent dripper once hung, only shavings remain.