• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail cam pics 2006

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are three that have been hanging around quite a bit. Note the stuff that looks like ashes in the foreground. That is the mineral mix that BLB posted earlier this season. They are digging in it like pigs, and mainly ignoring the salt block along side.

29and8081406.jpg

2big081206.jpg

Holy frick Gissert.

Last year you had the gradeschool bachelor parties, and it looks like those boys have matured FAST!

WOW.

So what do I get out of giving you the mineral recipe, selling the seed to you, ripping up the plot for you, drinking your beer after reviewing plot progress, etc........

shocked.gifgrin.gif

BLB, LMAO!

Whats in it for you? You are more than welcome to bring over a couple of good boning knives and help me butcher - hopefully grin.gif Oh, and you can drink more of my beer.

You and I both know what happened last year when the velvet came off. Those bucks scattered like the wind.

For those who did not see it, this is the bachelor parts from last year, all six of these deer are bucks.

2bachelorparty.jpg

I am new to using camara's. If I put my camara over a mineral lick where the deer will likely linger (I bought the stuff for BLB's recipe, thanks for sharing this)what interval do you recommend that I set the camara on, so I am not just taking picture after picture of the same critter on the same visit? I likely won't be able to get up to my land more than once every two weeks. Thanks for the help. CH

What kind of camera?

How big of a memory card?

I have mine set for every minute. You would be surprised that you think you are getting a bunch of pics of one deer over several minutes, but I can tell you a lot of the time only a couple are real good. You get butt pics, head turned the wrong way, etc.

If you have the memory available, and a camera that has good battery life, go with a pic every minute. You wont be sorry.

Quote:

YOU WILL HAVE TO CALL THOSE THE "TWINS" WOW!!!!

Speaking of twins I have two identical twin 13 pointers on my property that will score high 180" to low 190", they have growin up there and never leave. Six years I have bing watching them, real good chance of havesting at least one of them this year with the new food plot. I would love to show you guys how big they are but getting a picture of them on the trail camera is near impossible because they always let other deer walk in front of them and when the flash goes off they shy to the out skirts of flash range and all ai get is a faded image of them.

Got a couple more shots this weekend. This 10 pointer decided he wanted a close up.

10ptcrop081506.jpg

This doe looks like she decided to go for a swim. There is a lake nearby, and a couple of potholes in the woods. I have suspected that sometimes the deer might feed on some aquatic weeds. By the looks of this doe, she has a fair amount of lake weeds on her back. Must be pretty bland eating, so she went for some minerals for desert. grin.gif

swimmercrop0806.jpg

Are you sure they are not burrs?? I was out yesterday and my Springer was FULL of them!!! Unreal. Get out the scissors. I know a springers hair is a lot finer than a deers but you never know.