• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trail cam pics 2006

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on BLB don't you have anymore pics to share with us? I was hoping to see a few more. You're right about your cull buck, it's strange that he is growing antlers like that but he sure has a good spread going so far. If he was palmated he could pass for a moose. laugh.gif

What did you set your time delay for on your camera? I left mine at one minute intervals. I figured being digital I can just delete those that I don't need. Also does anyone know how long the flash will last with these cameras, will something need to be replaced after a set number of pictures?

Hey, I got over 200 pics, but I didnt figure everyone wanted to look at fawn pics and small buck pics from 20 different angles... wink.gif

All cameras are set for 1 minute delay. With memory cards there is little worry about filling them up.

As far as the flash, I have never heard of a flash actually failing.

I love the pics, I gotta get me a camera one of these days. Two things i noticed. The one sure showed a lot of bugs on the neck of that buck, wow. Do you notice how even big bucks appear to be pencil-necked and small this time of year? It would be really nice to see some time lapse (say 1 per month) of the same big buck over time. Compare July and Nov pics and I bet it is really interesting.

Here is a buck I was after last year, only to hear that a guy a 1/4 mile away shot and never found a non typical. In contacting him and getting a discription I was sure it was the deer I had been seeing. Well it may have been and maybe not but anyway he is still alive. (yep-pee)This photo was taken 6/23/06 and in the next post it was 7/11/06

6-23-06.jpg

A few more pics.

Anyway, without further ado. First is of yearling doe and yearling buck scratching himself in the background.

doebuck.jpg

Second is of another yearling buck. Pretty sure he's different one judging by the way the forks split. I've seen the two of them together so I know there's two.

bucktwo.jpg

Third is of the first nice buck to show up this year. Being as this is my second year bowhunting and hunting period, I would be extremely happy if he walked out into my shooting lane.

nicebuck.jpg

On a sidenote, I bit the bullet and ordered some rechargeable batteries and a charger today. I got the energizer rechargable brand and a universal charger. For a grand total of $44 (including one set of 4 batteries and the charger - and shipping), it should pay for itself after the first 8 cycles or so. With my particular camera - Wildview 2.0 - I was eating through quality name brand batteries in about 1 1/2 to two weeks and cheapos in about 5 days. That battery life was based on an average of 150 - 250 pictures every couple of weeks.

chucker34,

I have the exact same camera as you and I have been using the energizer rechargeable batteries and charger and let me tell you that its a good way to go. I have two sets of batteries...so when I go to check the camera I put in fresh batteries...so it remains going 24/7. I've found the batteries have been lasting around 2 weeks...set at high def, one pic every 5mn. I just recently set it to time out to 10mn...so maybe I'll get a little more time out of the batteries now. I get about 80 some pictures every couple weeks.

B.T.W....nice pictures you've been posting...keep them coming.

Just thought I'd show a pic of a new guy that showed up. I'm no expert on judging age of deer yet but I'm thinking he's a yearling. I'm counting six points for sure and maybe two more at the base of his horns. Hard to tell. Your thoughts on how old he is?

deerspring574.jpg

Here is an image that I cropped out of a photo. There was a smaller six in the center of the shot, but this guy was in the background, slightly out of focus. No matter, this guy is one VERY nice deer!

bigguycrop071906.jpg