• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The T-Wolves trading discussion

Ely Lake Expert

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero chance.

Denver is playing better than any team in the league right now and they have a very favorable schedule the remainder of the way.

We should start talking about who the Wolves should draft with their lottery pick and who needs to go and who needs to stay next season.

And I don't want to hear any of this "trade Garnett" talk either!!

I think they have a chance to decide their own destiny. Denver actually has more road games left than home games, and although they are playing well their schedule is tougher than ours. If Cassel can step it up offensively the rest of the way through, we have a very slight chance to make it. The game against Denver is obviously a must win for us.

well denver lost last night to the suns so its now done to 2 games. memphis isn't playing very hot right now and they may slide right out of the playoffs with 4 of their last 6 games on the road (i believe)

for the off-season, i'd like to see the wolves make a play to sign michael redd from the bucks

Stratos-

If we won out, we would not only make the playoffs but we would be in the seven spot above Memphis or Denver. We are two games out of making the playoffs as of now. We play Denver next Friday, and if we beat them, we could be in the eight spot right there. Plus, we are only 2.5 behind Memphis who is not playing great ball right now. How far we can go in the playoffs is another story, but we have a great chance to get in.

Correct, but the way Denver is playing, I wouldn't count on it, the game against them is huge though, I just hope Memphis really hits the crapper. Either way we need help, starting to sound like Vikes fans. frown.gif

Denver has the tiebreaker, so we need to bump out Memphis, who have been playing poor compared to the Nuggs. Nobody's stopping George Karl and the Nugs.

Still a little hope for the Timbies..

im a t-wolves fan, but this year has completely disgusted me. after they fired flip, i gave up. i honestly dont want them to win another game. why get all psyched up to make a run at the playoffs, when are chances of even getting past the 1st round are slim to none. i would rather lose out and get a chance at a lotto pick and rebuild.

FIRE EVERYONE except KG. McCale and CO. are absolutly worthless.

ive wanted McCale out for years. ever since the whole marbury, and googs dibacle(sp). then the Smith deal, then Rasho, and every other bumb hes brought onto the team.

sorry i had to vent since they may still have a chance to make the playoffs. sorry to the TRUE die hards, but it just got too ugly for me. lets hope for better things while we still got Da'Kid.

I'm a true die-hard. Been a fan since day one, watched them every chance I could even when Tony Campbell was the leading scorer..lol...but I want them to loose so badly now, even with the SLIM chance of getting into the playoffs.

I want the lottery pick! I want Cassel, Spree and Kandi GONE!!! Keep the others, even keep John Thomas, but those 3 bums HAVE TO GO!!!

i agree, the sad thing is that all 3 players will be worth NOTHING this offseason.

Kandi is just plain worthless, weak, and afraid to play physical.

Both Cassell and Spreewell are over the hill and coming off sub-par seasons. Throw in the additude problems and there will be very few teams wanting to touch them.

We've got to do something before KG's the one who's over the hill!!! grin.gif

I agree with everthing except Cassel, look at our record since his return to the lineup and how important it is to have a point guard with experience. Unless we can get another point guard that is as good or better we should keep him, I know he is injury prone, but still, Troy Hudson is not the player we need, way too inconsistant and takes many bad shots at the wrong times, and lots of times dribbles himself into trouble and causes turnovers.

I totally agree with Sprewell and Kandi, Spree is getting too old and Kandi is just a career underacheiver, image he was a #1 overall pick? What a waste.

Keep Griffin, maybe even John Thomas, but we definately need a dominant center to compete as well.

How can you say true die hard fans and not want them in the playoffs!!! It has been a real tuff season but who knows what might happen in the polayoffs. I think they are playing their best b-ball of the season right now. As for what to do with players- Spree see ya later dude! As for Sam keep him and get a young good point via draft, free agency or trade. Kandi- check him into rehab and sober him up!! He has been playing decent as of late and on a local sports show recently a nba scout said he believes kandi has the ability to become an all-star but he can't give up the party life!!! Hudson should join up with Ron Artest and become rappers! Trade him. Wally- Keep him or deal him but get something in return!! The rest of the crew can stay. KG IS THE BEST ALL-ROUND PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!! ooo.gif

Quote:

How can you say true die hard fans and not want them in the playoffs!!! It has been a real tuff season but who knows what might happen in the polayoffs.

Easy, because we are being realistic.

Even if they make the payoffs they are going to get waxed in 4 games by either SA or the Suns. It's not bashing, it's reality.

If they miss the playoffs, when they have the drawing for the lottery, there's a chance they could get the #1 overall pick! Slim chance yes, but still...a top 10 pick would be just what they need.

We're not jumping from the bandwagon, heck we were the first ones on it. We are just hoping for what's best for the team.

If you have been watching t-pups you have to addmit they are playing the best they have played all season. Granted they haven't looked great against the better teams but I would still take my chances in the playoffs if they can get there!!! ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!!!!!! GO WOLVES!!!!!!! REALISTICLY THEY CAN WIN!!!!!!!!! smirk.gif

loosing to Atlanta the other day was the icing on the cake. They really have to sit down and take a look at this joke of a team. Its time to get Ebi in the mix has been sitting for 2 years now and the last move that could improve this team is by trading Garnett (I thought I would never say that) but what else can you do??

You don't trade Garnett. Moss would have been a no trade guy with the Vikes if he had a better attitude, Garnett has a great attitude. They just need a better supporting cast. The Joe Smith thing can finally begin to stop hurting this year.

Playoff chances are now 0. It hurts but now it is reality!! But to the previous post that said you trade Garnett, WHAT THE F @ $ k ARE YOU SMOKING!!! How and why would you trade a person like KG? The guy is the best thing to happen to minnesota sports in decades and he is truley a great competitor/community person!! If you trade KG sell and move the whole team out of minnesota cause what would be the point of watching the Wolves with out the leader of the pack!!! Trade KG cmon give me a break!!! If anything you trade everyone but KG,Hassel, and Hoiberg. Hassel stays cause he knows how to play defense and Hoiberg cause he knows the game and is cheap leadership.

Why would anyone want to trade last years mvp. He has played hurt almost the whole year and still carried the team and put up mvp numbers. I think spree's the guy you need to get rid of.

To add to your list of untradeables, you gotta keep Mad Dog. His energy really pumps up the team. I'd also keep Eddie G around, at least for another season, heck the guy is only 22 and proved he could stay out of trouble. Maybe give John Thomas another try at least through camp. Ebi will get his chance as well. Also keep AC.

If Big Erv was a few years younger I'd say keep him too, but he's just dead weight now.

The Alien, Spree, The Rapper, and Candy @ss can all go away.

Hold on fellas, let's not be so quick to jump all over mnwild. Would I want the team to trade KG? No way! BUT a case can be made for mnwild's point.

a) KG is almost 30 - which is at, or almost at, his prime.

B) He's beginning to have problems with his legs. While not severe, you always wonder about a guy once knee problems begin. (Especially if it's tendonitis, as rumored.)

c) He's gotten the squad out of the first round once.

d) Since his salary cripples the squad, it's unlikely he will get them out of the first round again before his contract is up, which could get the squad absolutely nothing for him before he possibly chooses to depart in search of his ring.

Once again, I don't know if I'd be in search of a trade, but if the right deal came along, it just might make sense, but ONLY if they squad senses a chance that KG would want out of MN eventually.

I didnt think I would get bum rushed by the comment about trading KG, but like I said I thought I would never say that. I should of explained myself with that comment.I have been a T-wolves fan since day one of their existence. Look at what Pikehunter said about his age, playing injured and the biggest thing is his salary, you can't sign any decent players because he takes up too much cap room. In a few years the Wolves are going to be in the re-building stage and they will be the Bulls from 3 years ago and look at the Bulls now, the could whoop up on the T-Wolves with the team they have built, they are a young team. Look around the league at the top teams, their average age is less than 25 years old -Phoenix Suns, Spurs, Sonics, Miami, Indiana. If the price is right for KG, few 1st rd picks over a few years maybe some young players I would take that.

You guys who responded are the type of people I could sit in a bar have a few beers and shoot the you know what about the Wolves..

Still even though they might be valid points I would not trade KG!! He is just to fun to watch his enthusiasm, energy, and will to win. All I can say I want to watch him until he retires. If I had kids right now I would make them watch the way he approaches every game and if they wanted a sports hero he is the MAN or DA KID. Name another sports figure that is truley a genuine person and gives their all night in and night out? He to me is something that is missing in sports today a true competitor even after he made his money!!!