• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The T-Wolves trading discussion

Ely Lake Expert

Mudcutter- Here we go again!!! When has KG had a supporting cast? Last year with spree and cassel cmon give me a break!! Both had good years because of KG.. The spurs have had a better supporting cast for a long time. They had David Robbinson. Now they have a good YOUNG point guard in parker and a good play maker in ginobli they added a player in barry. Like I said before keep your ridiculous comments in Iowa. KG has one of the highest ppg avg in the playoffs among active players and he shoots half as much plus does other things on the court like rebounds assists and plays a d. His 4th quarter stats might not be the greatest but that is basically because he works so (Contact US Regarding This Word) hard to keep them in the game to that point that it is expected that he is tired. I know there is not alot of good b-ball to watch in Iowa but and you lived in MN but cmon is all that manuer going to your brain? To trade KG would be the biggest blunder in sports history!!!!!!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"not alot of good B-ball to watch in IOWa"?? C-mon- when you look at the pop of Mn-- Iowa actually produces more quality talent (esp College and in the pro's) and they have 4 major universities (DIV1AA). (3 of which made the big dance and one made the gophers look quite bad in the opening round, and did lose to the eventually Champions in the tar heels. Before you say something unfactual-- check out your facts.

I guess I am just not as high as you on Iowa basketball!!! I know they have college ball and more than mn but still you don't get have the NBA...Yes Iowa State beat the gophs in the dance but the gophers overachieved this season in my opinion so big deal we aren't talking about them we are talking about the T-Wolves!!

I guess my point is this; the T-Wolves will never win the title with K.G. If you disagree, that's fine. Let me know when they win it all, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Getting tired in the 4th q--- come on,, that's when real players SHINE or WHINE. KG so far has not done much shining in the 4th q of a big play off game, thou I do like him becasue he's not much of whiner. The 4th Q is where most NBA playoffs are won or lost. That's why it's the 4Q.

Do or die, big shot needed to be made, free throw sunk,, my $ is not on KG anymore.

Well the 4th q stuff all has to go back to what you were suggesting before, supporting cast. If KG had a better cast he would be more energetic in the 4th. Case in point last season when cassel and spree helped out KG if I do recall had some big 4th quarters in th ereg season and in the playoffs. I agree we won't win a championship with KG alone they need to get a younger cast of players around him if they keep the more valuable vets they have (Hassel Hoiberg Madsen,even Cassel as a backup) I believe they could compete next year. I love talking T-wolves....... and the T-wolves run through KG.

Ozzie-

like talking sports too and listening to other thoughts. YOu think that Tony Parker is better than Szerbiak?? In my mind, SZerbiak has better talent, but fails to show up in the big game. Parker is a big game stud. Ginobili or Spree (when Spree tries)??? My point is this-- the difference in supporting cast is not that much greater depending on which way you look at it. I know this much-- Duncan will win another Championship ( or for sure be in one ((this year probably)) ) before KG wins one with the wolves. I appreciate your thoughts and would like to continue hearing your thoughts.

I think your opinion of Duncan is a little to high. Look what he did in the Olympics when he didn't get Superstar calls from NBA officials. He was merely another player and had no impact on games, in fact, spent more time on the bench than the floor. He stood with that amazed look like "Don't you know who I am?". KG gets called for many fouls that would be the other way for Duncan. Look at the games where they have faced each other, KG is way ahead in individual stats. While I do believe KG would me my first choice to build a team around if it were not for salary cap and luxury tax. Maybe it would help if he would restructure his contract to allow the signing of a better supporting cast. If he continues to not do that, maybe they should listen to trade offers. It costs nothing to listen!

Are you kidding? If it was one on one the wolves would get dominated by any team in the NBA! They are not athletic, spry, or even in very good shape as a whole. Garnett lost a step this year, but I'd never trade him for even Duncan who plays with a grand total of ZERO expression, personality, or attitude. He's boring. The wolves need to get rid of headaches and codgers (spree & sami & big irv) and get some young-uns that can still run and spread a court.

Allright, nobody blame this all on Garnett. He had a down year this year, his knee was injured. Who gave it all all year long? KG. Give him a supporting cast and he would be MVP. He would be an MVP if he went to Phoenix instead of Nash.

As far as Garnett vs. Duncan, Garnett has put up better numbers, played in more games, and has done better head to head. One thing that is certainly unjustified is to rip Duncan based on the Olympics. If you plant 4 in the lane to stop him knowing his supporting cast can't hit a 3, you can probably stop him.

I can't believe anyone can say that there is no way the T-wolves can win a title with Garnett. That is absolutely ridiculous. He is in his prime. Look how close they got last year, you don't think they can do it again? Besides Shaq, is there another player in the NBA that a team covets more than KG? He changed the NBA for ---'s sake! He changed the position and he changed how teams draft and he changed the collective bargaining agreement. Teams draft high schoolers every year looking for the next KG hybrid. Who missed the memo on that one? No way can you say that you can't win a title with Garnett. It just takes the right supporting cast. That's the rule of basketball-A team always beats an individual. The guy has a window of a few years to get some help...give him a chance!!

I agree with the last two posts as well. I think the Wolves would make a Parker for Sczerbiak trade even up at the drop of a hat. I don't think the Spurs would even discuss it. The same with Ginobli for Spree, our supporting cast is weak & old.

I didn't even answer earlier about wally and parker cause they are 2 diff players at diff positions and yes I would rather have Parker cause after KG you need a savy young guy running the show!!!! cool.gif

I think people are forgetting to realize the Wolves have had the next Garnett sitting on the bench the last 2 years, his name- Ndudi Ebi and don't forget that name. This guy was 2nd best to LeBron James in the McDonalds High School game. This kid is very talanted, it showed in the final 2 games of the season, lead the team in rebounds and points. This kid is going to be something else. He should of been playing at the begining of the year but thank's to McHale he sat. And for Garnett, he needs to restructure his contract if you want some decent free agent signing's.

Everyone rips on Ebi, but I agree, he's going to be good. I hve no idea why he sat so long. He should have played at least half the season, let the kid show what he has, I was quite impressed with what he showed the last 2 games.

I certianly don't advocate trading Garnett and definitely agree is one of the NBA's best, if not the best. Question is, how do you build a team around him and still carry his salary? Who do the Wolves have to trade for any good young players? Certianly not Spree, Cassell, Hudson or Kandi and due to Wally's contract it would be hard to trade him, which may not be smart either. I also agree that Ebi has potential and am sure he will get his chance this year. They either have to play him or give him a chance to go elsewhere. I think McHale's shortfall is he has never found that good player in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft. The guy that will produce for 2 or 3 years before they get the mega contract. It will aso be interesting to see who they hire for a coach and what type of game they want to play. I still have faith and GO WOLVES!!!

I hope Ebi turns out to be good but you have to figure that they haven't played him because he isn't ready don't you? The last two games he was great but those where the last two games when there was no effort from anyone but KG and Ebi.... I was impressed though by his skills he moved well with out the ball and he cleaned the glass pretty good also.. Hopefully he gets more of a chance next season and proves himself!!! You would have thought though that this season being a wash that they would have inserted him in the line-up shortly after all-star break!!!!!!! Make ya wonder!! confused.gif

The only problem with Ebi is he doesnt have enough muscle on his body. Watching those last 2 games he was getting knocked around pretty good. A year of lifting weight's he will be fine once the season starts.

Don't you think that is what the last two years have been about? Not only his skill level but his body size? He is only what 19 or 20 tops! He has grown the last couple of years but how much more can he grow?

Sorry to join the discussion so late, but I love to talk Wolves.

If anyone is responsible for the Wolves demise this year, it's McHale and not KG. KG had a bum knee the whole year and still let the league in rebounds and double doubles. His scoring was down a bit, but when you're constantly double and triple teamed in the lane, you're bound to score less. Spree and Cassell were no where to be found and took no pressure off KG.

I was watching the Dallas/Phoenix series last night and couldn't help but wonder how Josh Howard would have looked in a Wolves uniform. His 29 points and 10 boards didn't tell half the story. He was all over the court, grabbing rebounds, getting loose balls and steals. Ebi might be a nice player some day, but the Wolves will likely be in a rebuilding process when he's ready.

The whole Joe Smith scandal has crippled our team, as far as young talented players go. We can't match up with quicker perimeter players and are constantly forced to help out or foul. A player like Josh Howard or Iguodala would do wonders for the Wolves. Hopefully, McHale makes a good choice with our lottery pick this year.