• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The T-Wolves trading discussion

Ely Lake Expert

Last nights game against NO was the best game I watched all year, why?? Ebi finally played, there is the future of the T-wolves, he is the new DA-KID, 9pts, 8reb's and 1 block. Next year he will be playing next to KG and these 2 will be fun to watch.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big mn sports fan-- but if the T-wolves want to win it all-- KG has got to go. Big Garnett fan and all, class guy, at his top in the game. Get what you can get and get the best now. Remember the Dallas Cowboys after Hershel Walker?? The T-wolves could get what the Cowboys got for Walker and not have to be lucky with some of the draft picks. Look at some of the guys in college right now. It's nuts. GO with the flow. Carmelo- D.Wade etc. those to come are young. Look at the upper teams in the playoffs other than S.A that have chance to win. Even the pistons are young. KG sad to say-- is about past his prime. get what you can now.

Muddy

Mudcutter keep your comments in Iowa if are going to want KG traded!! mad.gifmad.gifgrin.gifDon't want that filth coming from your keyboard!! mad.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif KG plays in Minnesota till he dies!! I personally think with the best player on the planet they can probably find some young talent and form a younger more competitve core of players and be back to their winning ways! BUT IF THEY TRADE KG OOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Pike what are you smokin? Don't KG's stats speak for themselves. If the T-wolves were in the upper part of the standings in the west, KG would have to be considered for the MVP again this season. I have to say I second ozzie's reply. One other thing I'd like to add is I think MN shouldn't trade anybody this off season, because I think if they stay together and reminise on this past season they will be hungrier to reach the finals next season. Just my opinion. But definately DO NOT trade Kevin Garnett.

Walleye, I think you may have misunderstood what I meant. I wasn't saying that the Wolves should be looking to deal him, or that they should entertain offers. I was just saying a point could be made for it, and it's not a stupid one.

I actually hope they don't trade him. I want him in a Wolves uniform until he retires. But, I'm also a realist, and I know that his contract doesn't leave much room to increase the talent of his supporting cast. That said, I still hope they find a way to keep him well into the future.

As far as not trading the other guys, I'm not so sure they have a choice. Griffin is an unrestricted free agent and word around the campfire is both Spree and Sam want nothing to do with the future of the Wolves.

Pike, sorry I misunderstood you. I agree there are some that are free agents, and they probably would do better with some new chemistry, but I wouldn't mind seeing what would happen just one more year if spree and sam and KG were to play one more season together. Whatever happens, I sure hope they turn it around for next season.

I'm with you all fellas that KG has to stay in M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, Hes fun to watch and if they trade him, I wont watch the Wolves again. I would cheer on KG's new team if that ever happens. Spree and 'Kandi needs to go. I love Madsen's support and everything he does to get the team going! I think Saunders should've not been fired... crazy.gif

You guys probably think I'am some sort of Iowegian down here in the arm pit of the nation. Not so. Born and lived my first 25 years so in MN. Jobs lead you to, will, you go where you can get paid.

Anyways- absoultely nuts about all Mn sports teams, Iowa can kiss my rear on the Hawks and especially the Cyclones, thou it was a bit hard going in to work getting hasssled by all the Clones fans after the Gophers got clubbed by I.St in the Ncaa tourney.

T-wolves; they will never win it all with K.G. MVP players step it up in the playoffs. He did last year. But his crunch time free throws are below championship standards. He always struggled with the big ones at the charity line, and in my mind, that's where 75% of basketball games are won and lost. No longer can you argue his supporting cast is weak. But the Big Ticket's free throw shooting in the clutch is.

It's about time someone see's the light,

"they will never win it all with K.G", That say's it all.

I wish everyone else wasn't so blind with what you could get with this player. I suppose you we all [PoorWordUsage]ed when Moss was traded, the best player in the league and look what the Vikes got for him, the same needs to happen with the Wolves if the ever want a winning team on the floor. KG is the best player in the league but you need more than just him and with how much he makes your going to have below average players aroud him becasue you have no money to sign anyone.

HA-no chance they trade KG. you dont trade away the best player in the NBA. it revolves around KG, and the cast has been poor. just think if KG had someone to make plays. wally cant, spree sucks, and cassell plays 20 games a year.

KG is all about winning. who you gonna trade him for? draft picks? why? picks are useless cause you will probably get another JR Rider.

i laugh when you say trade KG

In this day and age I do believe you either receive draft picks or players when you make trades and how can you say draft picks are useless?? Hmmmm, Ben Gordon, Hinrich, Dang, Paul Gasol, Amare Stoudemire, Yao Ming, McGrady, Marion, L.James, Anthony, Josh Howard. Ya want me to name more draft picks over the years?? And you said draft picks are worthless?? Ya know what each of the players I have named have in common?? They are all playing in the playoff's unlike the Wolves.. Thank you very much.....

L. James isn't in the playoffs...

Let's think about this, pretty much every player in the league barring a few fringe players & a very occassional good player were draft picks, that's how you get in the league. Also for every good draft pick that turns out there's probably 2-3 or more that don't. JR Rider's a beautiful example of that & there are so many others it's scary. There's a ton of guys that mature & prove up in the end, but it's often with their 2nd or 3rd team or more, not necessarily the one that drafted them. Case in point, Eddie Griffin, maybe, one decent year.

I just had to change the name of this thread to more accurately indicate what it's now about & mostly to ease the pain of constantly being reminded they didn't make the playoffs. Some true Wolves fan had to do it.

Moss the best player in the league, hahaha i dont think so. I was happy to get rid of moss because of his attitude and personality, and KG is not that way, he gets frustrated, wants to win and hes a all around player. So i say K.G. will not be traded smile.gif

Would you have traded Magic, Jordan, Bird, Jabar, McHale, Thomas in their primes? No way you build around them!

Get rid of the weak Candyman, Old Casel and the problem child that cant buy his family food on millions!

By the way the NBA needs to pass the 20 year old rule. The quality of NBA and College ball is bad because of kids either going in the draft from high school or leaving college after a year or 2.

i heard something about a minor league system that the NBA wants to get going, so instead of guys coming into the draft early and playing minimal time in the NBA, they can fine tune their skills in the minors.......make sense to me

Would I have traded ; magic,jordan,bird,thomas,mchale etc??? No way!!!! For one reason-- the have won a championship or several!!!! Put in that mix; Duncan. K.G is the best reg season player (other than maybe Duncan or Iverson) thou young guns are catching him pretty quick (Wade,ANthony,ming, etc) I'am telling T-wolves fans (a big one myself) to get what you can for him and win it all. He has had the supporting cast, but folds under pressure. I'll give him one more year in the playoffs, but I bet he misses crucial, game ending free throws. You can't do that (unless your SHAQ ) and win. Jordan, Bird and the above listed didn't choke at the end of a game like KG does. Look at the nba playoff stats if you don'y believe me. It's unreal what KG does in crunch time IN A BIG GAME.You can mark this in the books, the T-Wolves will not win a championship with KG. I'd really like to be proven wrong, but not if he plays like he has in the past. Right now I take Duncan for KG-- HANDS DOWN!!!! The guy is a proven winner. (see last nights game with near 40 points and 12-13 from the line and he fouled out!!!!) The spurs may have a SLIGHTLY better supporting cast, but not much better than the wolves (GREAT COACH in POP>) TRAde KG when you can get players to bring you a trophy!!!!!

Here's what I think, you should not trade KG, it just doesn't make sense. IMO he is the best player in the league and possibly the most overall skilled player ever. What the twolves need to do is get some players that know how to play as a team. The twolves might have the best team in the league if all you had to do was take turns playing 1 on 1. They have incredibly skilled players that just don't work as well together.